Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance Normal Dominant Behavior?

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My 2 pigs were both whining and teeth chattering at each other... Is that normal?:eek:hmy:

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Whining? you mean Yawning? Heres some great info on their social lives and behaviour. Please try to read everything in this site and the other. There is a ton of info that you need to know about guinea pigs...Guinea Pigs Social Life

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
Yes, I read that.. Sorry about the misunderstanding... I'm not sure what the noise was that they were making. On a different website someone called it whining. There was quite a bit of chattering, more than normal.:eek:

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
If they're just chattering that's okay. You will see chattering and something called rumblestrutting which is when they kind of sound like a mini machine gun. Those are normal dominance behaviors, so try not to worry too much. You will want to seperate if you start seeing them pull eachothers fur out, bite eachother, or start seeing blood.

Did the other person say wheeking? Guinea pig's don't ''whine,'' but they often make high pitched squeals called wheeking when they're happy or excited.

You can hear Sophia wheeking in this video, is that the noise?
Baby Pig Wheeking - YouTube

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
It sounds like they are saying "Chuck chuck chuck" or something like that.. It's not wheeking.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.