Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

No popcorning

tpals

Cavy Slave
I just moved Augustus to his new 2x4 C&C cage. Lots of fleece, hay, water, hideys, and room to play. He's done some running but none of the mysterious popcorning that I was looking forward to. I know he needs a companion and I'm watching the rescue sites for any in the area since I don't want to buy from a petshop. Is there something I'm missing?

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
Both of my boys have yet to popcorn, but their wheeks definitely let us know that they're happy. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as he is getting a proper diet and has enough room to play. I'm so happy you're looking for a friend for Augustus! That's great news.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
How old is Augustus? Often many adult pigs and senior pigs just don't popcorn. It doesn't mean that they aren't healthy and happy, just that they aren't as young and spry as they used to be. You will also find that his personality will change once he has a buddy to run around with.

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
My older piggies give lazy popcorns, where they just sort of hope in place without kicking.

Guinea_Piggin

Cavy Slave
Even after making a C&C and adding Oliver he still didn't popcorn until I paired him up with Twizzler. Now he popcorns all over the place, all the time!

tpals

Cavy Slave
I'm keeping a close eye on the rescue sites. Only one pig became available since I adopted Augustus and she was adopted out right away. Since mine isn't neutered we need a young male.

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
Flash has the lazy popcorn. He swings his head from side to side then jumps once.

piggiesinpa

Cavy Slave
My older pigs rarely really popcorn. My babies do it constantly and it's just because they are so hyper and ready for action. I think it's just age. I'm sure that he's happy and has all he needs (with exception of a friend). Just keep your eyes peeled, you will have a piggy friend in no time.

GailtheGuineaPg

Cavy Slave
My girls didn't popcorn either when I first put them into their C&C. I was a little dissapointed not to see it, but hey, life goes on. Now when they popcorn it's so funny though because my dad will stand by the cage now and be like "What are they doing?" and I tell him that they're popcorning. He gives me the funniest look ever!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.