Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Weight Newborn piggie weight

PeachandDaisy

Cavy Slave
My 3 little piggies were born just sometime early yesterday, so I know I've been posting a lot! I just want to take the best care of them! Anyways I know and appreciate all the professionals help here its so great to have place where you know your getting good advice! Anyways aside from the thank you I weighed the pups today.. Is this weight normal/healthy for one-day old pups? And if its too thin is there anyway I can help feed them? Thanks!

R- 2.3 Oz

P- 3.0 Oz

B- 2.6 Oz

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
They're fine. As long as the sow is nursing them and you're keeping hay, pellets and veggies in the cage, that's all you need to do.

sherri86

Cavy Slave
yes that is normal, I just fostered a pregnant pig and she had 4 babies.. the runt of the litter was 2 oz and the biggest was 2.45 oz and they are doing great. Just weight them every day to make sure they are gaining and not loosing weight. they only gain like .1 .3 oz a day usually. If one starts loosing weight , maybe give that one alone time with mom each day to make sure he/she is able to nurse. If that does not work I would take to a vet for critical care

but I am sure everything will go smoothly

Sherri

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.