Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Piggies! New questions...

kristin25

Cavy Slave
lol Hey all!! I'd like to announce my new adoption of Mustang and Jazz. They are 4 weeks old boys from a shelter. Not sure if they're related. They look quite different. So cute and tiny! Pics coming soon!

Now, I was told they play together, but I put them together and they already started the "power struggle dance" including tufts of hair in the mouth. How long should I wait to re-introduce them and any tips on this?

Also, I'm building their new cage during these weeks of quarentine. I don't know if I should build them separate sections or not. I also have two older boars who are bonded. I'm not sure of their age, at least 3 years (another shelter adoption). I'm assuming that I shouldn't introduce them really. Although they will be caged side by side yes? Any thoughts on these issues?

Thanks for your help, in advance!❤️

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
I would suggest putting them all together in one large neutral cage and see what happens. They should be able to work out their issues on their own, especially if the older boars show them who's boss. If it doesn't work out, you can always add more grids later to separate them.

However, a more knowleadgeable member might have other suggestions.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.