Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C New cage planning - need advice

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Once you have the proper sized grids you dont even have to have any coroplast walls if you dont want... I have done that and I use fleece bedding. They still kick their poops, hay and veggies all around and if you dont want to (or your cage is so big you cant) move the cage to vac the poops and stuff at least 2 times a week or they can get yucky. I would highly recommend having the back wall (the wall against your room wall) as high as you can make it. 8 inches has suited us well with only 1-2 stray poops or hay every few months... Then the side walls as high as you want them. If they are going to be up next a piece of furniture or other wall I would highly recommend making them high to avoid the yuck factor. I have a 2 inch lip in the front of my cage and that gets hacked down every few months because they are munchers and occasionally get a coroplast craving. If they do chew on it a bit its not a big deal, you just need to make sure its not sharp. I cut mine down every few months to get rid of the jagged edges. Dont bother putting any kind of tape on the coroplast to keep them from chewing. Mine are oddly attracted to duct tape. Red duct tape is their favorite flavor... lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.