Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C New Cage - Litter box ideas?

zoenanai

Cavy Slave
Got our cage up today - Silas and Connor are two very happy piggies! The running and popcorning were great when they first got in.

Anyhow - trying to keep the upstairs for food and such. So far, they are great at going up the ramp and getting used to going down...slowly but surely. They like the run-through under the ramp too. They are used to going pee on newspaper though and at first I had the open 2-grid side lined with newspaper in case they have to pee and don't make it upstairs, but it took up too much space and they were dragging the paper all over. Tried a small box with a few layers, topped with bedding to make my job a little easier (pictured below). Cardboard will only last so long though. Any suggestions that won't take up too much space, but still give them a downstairs potty area? Photo gallery's not up, so I can't browse pics. :(

Thanks for any advice. :)

Ramp w/run-through underneath
DSC_0024 (2).jpg

Munching hay
DSC_0026 (2).jpg

The litter box in orange
DSC_0028 (2).jpg

Cozy sacks I made this weekend
DSC_0031.jpg

The kitchen area
DSC_0035.jpg

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They are so widdle and cute. I like the cuddle sacks adorable. I would try something other than that paper gotta be messy and stinky.

zoenanai

Cavy Slave
I was thinking that too after about their third trip to the hay. It's pretty messy. In their other cage I would change the paper twice a day so it didn't get too bad, but this cage is much bigger. Thinking the litter box bedding may be the best choice for up there as well.

zoenanai

Cavy Slave
So I changed the newspaper in the kitchen area. I added a half-wall with an opening in the middle to block off the kitchen area and used bedding. I think it will be much more convenient.

DSC_0032.jpg

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
looks great nice.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.