Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rehoming Need to rehome ASAP!!!

Quynh245

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
O well then what is she going to do for a companion for the male??? They NEED companions and they NEED vet care and obviously she is not able to provide for them and her parents obviously will not help out...

I think she should just surrender them both until she is on her own and financially stable...

I really don't know what she's going to do with the male . . . I don't think she will get him a companion she is sticking to the male guinea pigs can't get along thing . . . I have showed her other male guinea pigs that have gotten along like videos on youtube and stuff like that, But she won't believe me . . . I will try to talk to her to surrender both. But I doubt she will . . .

Quynh245

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
O as for helping her out with building a cage. I would suggest YOU going over to her place. Bring an extra change of clothes (Or double up) and remove the clothes before you go into your place and wash hands and/or shower thoughrly before you touch anything your guinea pigs would touch. O make sure you pull your hair back (if you can) and cover it with a scarf or hankerchief and wash your clothes and headgear separately in hot water hot dryer to kill any possible spores...

okay I may just try that next week . . .

Quynh245

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Why the heck would someone neglect to bring their guinea pig to the vet when it has a serious illness and then make the decision to get another pig? That sure solves the problem... tack on more costs to make things even harder. This person realizes he/she has no money to afford vet bills, but yet seeks out to obtain another pig so then if that pig gets sick it won't get treatment either. Because that makes sense...

Some people shouldn't be allowed to own pets. Also, a perfect example of why children shouldn't be allowed to have a guinea pig to take care of on their own.

Yes, I know what you mean but she got Pablo before the female guinea pig got sick. . . So she didn't know about it, I think she should of had a vet fund before hand . . .

amandacv86

Cavy Slave
First of all I know people think you're a troll, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt... I know it happens but I don't understand why someone would take their time to troll a forum. I hope you're just a good friend trying to help a friend.

Anyway, I'm not saying you shouldn't help, but if she's being as stubborn as you say she is, maybe it's time to just let it go and hope for the best. It would be terrible that the pigs would have to suffer, but if she really isn't listening to you , it sounds like you're talking to a brick wall. I also think she should surrender them, or surrender the female and find a home for the male if she would be able to keep him until a home is found.

You did the research yourself, why can't she? If she really cares, she would be the one researching. You have your own animals to care for.

What Onetwo said was a great idea to go to her house and change and shower. Getting your pigs sick would only make matters worse, and you being the one helping don't deserve that.

It sounds to me that you love your animals and hers. If she knows your trying to help and she's not listening she has to know it's hurting you. That's not the the kind of friend I'd want to keep.

It's up to you what you do.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Folks, whether you suspect someone is a troll or not, it isn't the preferred course of action to openly accuse them of such and attempt to present evidence of such. Report the post. We'll deal with it.

Quynh - whatever your circumstances, I think at the very least it's suspicious that you have so many incidents of troubled guinea pigs and drama. It's pretty unlikely that you'd be surrounded by so many problems. For that reason, whatever the reality of the situation is, you're going to be on a moderated status until we do know whether you're being completely truthful or not.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Sorry Paula! I won't do that again. :(

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Sorry Paula. She is just getting everyone at GL heated up too... Just didnt want her causing drama here. Plus I did report it. I hit the little triangle thingy at the top. She is really getting everyone going on GL

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=61036&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

We just didnt know what to believe... Sorry

To the OP please try to convince your friend to find new homes for the piggies. She is obviously not able to take proper care of these fragile and expensive creatures. It would be better for the piggies in the long run for them and her. Does she know that they live 7-9+ years??? If she is underage what is she going to do in 4-5 years when she graduates high school and wants to go off to college. They dont allow pets on campus. And its cruel to rehome a pet that old and accustomed to one person and a certain way of life...

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Actually, it doesn't appear that anyone reported any post in this thread - not saying you didn't do it, I know we've had some technical glitches lately, but there's nothing that indicates anyone reported it. And anyway, no problem, just remember in the future that that's the preferred course of action.

As for what's going on on GL, I understand, but please remember that here, we prefer that threads be kept in context and on topic rather than devolving into name calling and other silliness by allowing it to go every which way anyone wants to take it.

Quynh - you've been given plenty of advice and suggestions. I hope you take them to heart.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.