Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pigsitting need piggie sitter (for $$) in or near Boulder Colorado July 6-28

Scooterpig

Cavy Slave
I have used Cavy Care for boarding and have been very happy with them. They were extremely helpful during our first boarding experience when we had a major emergency and ended up having to board the pigs for a month instead of a week! My pigs have always been well cared for there. Yes the cages are smaller than they have at home, but on the other hand there is someone there looking out for them.

I have used a daily sitter. They had excellent reviews, and charged $25 for one visit a day. However, I was put off when I discovered they'd not been in one day when they said they had.

I did look at a local vet's boarding service, which was also $25 a day, but the pigs would be in their cat room, and I had to supply the cage, all the bedding, food etc, so I did not book them.

I guess it's all a trade off. Unfortunately, I'm about the embark on some big house projects or I could have taken in your furry gang!

Colorado Cavies

Cavy Slave
HAHA! Whoops! I meant to say $30 a week for guinea pigs. 30 a day is what I charge for dogs and cat when I actually go and stay at someones house full time while they are gone. Guinea pigs are so easy that I would almost feel bad charging more then 30 or 40 dollars a week! If someone tried to pay me 70 a week to watch them I would actually feel like I was ripping them off. Especially if I was doing it from my own house and didn't have to travel twice a day or stay at their house!

Cogni

Cavy Slave
I meant that I was going to offer $70+veg for the whole 3 weeks. Maybe $30 a week would be more appropriate.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I think $5 a day would be fair if they're going to keep the pigs at their house, more if they're coming to yours. You need to offer enough to make it worthwhile for someone to do it.

Maybe call the vet's office that you used last year and see if one of their staff members could take them? And while it wouldn't be ideal for them to be separated so soon after you've introduced them, maybe Cavy Care would be the answer. They'd survive pet store cages for three weeks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.