Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Need a temporary cage idea...

O

originalfirefly

Need a temporary cage idea...

Hello all!

I have to take my piggies to a sitter for the weekend. This is the first time with the new large cage. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a cheap temporary cage solution? I'm taking them to my friends apartment, where she doesn't have room for the large cage they live in now (2X4 cubes/clorplast cage). I do have a single smaller cage, but it is TOO small for both piggies, and I really don't want to spend money on a second too small cage. I looked. They are like $50!

I was thinking of getting one of those underbed storage containers. I'm afraid everything looks so small though...but I guess it will considering I would like to make their current cage larger! So anything smaller really just looks TOO small! BUT, piggies need a sitter, and sitter can't take the larger cage. Ideas? Please? Thanks!

Miriam

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: Need a temporary cage idea...

Get another sheet of coroplast. You can cut it to the size you want--less than 4 x 2 but bigger than the tubs. Make the sides about 10-12 inches high. Make the box like normal, except don't tape up the corners. After it's scored, fold it in half for transport. It's temporary, so the fold won't matter much. Use binder clips to secure the flaps. They are easy to find, tight and secure--one on each corner. Just unclip to travel, clip the cage together. Fold up for storage. Pretty easy. Once they are used to the grid cage, they won't try to go over the edge. I've had some on the floor without grids with just the 6" walls for almost a week. No escapes!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.