Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Piggie Has Been Sold on..

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
We're not judging you we're trying to inform you.

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I don't think it's very fair or well mannered to accuse a person of disliking you after they've clearly tried to keep any issues private via personal message, and are only trying to help you be the best pet owner that you can be. This isn't the sort of forum where all ideas are praised and welcomed, if someone has an issue, they tell you, because it's about learning and developing as a pig owner. You're getting advice off one of the most experienced members of the site, and should try to follow it. Bear in mind it's also hard to determine a person's tone over the internet.
I understand that, but you don't know what was in those pms, and i won't divulge, I am not trying to be rude.. sorry, almost every thread i have made has ended like this one.. i am not a people person and sometimes act rashly, say things i later regret.. sorry.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
And I know that I'm just trying to help you understand that the way your perceiving what the others have said is not how it's supposed to sound at all. I really don't want people to fight we're all just trying to help one another. Thats what this forum is all about. I can only imagine where I'd be without this forum.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I understand that, but you don't know what was in those pms, and i won't divulge, I am not trying to be rude.. sorry, almost every thread i have made has ended like this one.. i am not a people person and sometimes act rashly, say things i later regret.. sorry.

When I first joined I was corrected on a few posts I made with incorrect info. Did I feel bad? Of course, but not because I had been "told off", because I put bad information out there that could potentially be damaging to guinea pigs. I love this forum because when you have a bad idea, people tell you, and give you twice as many alternatives in response to help you down the right path. Like a few of us have said, you do seem you respond negatively to any advice that goes against what you've already decided you're going to do anyway, so it's starting to feel a little tedious trying to give the same advice in different ways. This is a learning space, and to enjoy being here you have to want to learn and be willing to accept ideas other than your own.

This is a forum for guinea pig owners, but the information is really for the guinea pigs benefit, and ours as owners, not ours as people.

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
i know, without this forum, i would't have had the courage to ask my mum to let me keep them inside!(Iron Lady Mother!!) lol!

princesspiggie

i understand that, i have apologised, and i was o this thread for months before this account(they are now one and the same!lol) and i know this site is for the piggies benifit, but i try to help other people, and they use some of my advice, then i get a pm saying please don't post in the medical forum with misinformation.. What?

sorry..

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
I am judging you based on not just this thread but the many others you have posted. Each post you are getting different pigs from the last and each post you have a different situation. I doubt anyone can keep up with the timeline you present and to be honest, there is nothing here that seems stable enough for pigs. It's not about being "the bad guy", as I have no doubt that you love pigs. People aren't being mean and they don't understand because you change your story so often (and coincidentally when you meet resistance to your idea.) You may know how to hold a pig but there is so much more you don't know. The best interest of any pig is for you to wait for you situation to be truly stable. Build trust with your mum in other ways. Show you are responsible in other ways before you bring more pigs home to try it out on. Some soul searching and maturity is what you need. Not pigs. Not yet anyway. Why don't you volunteer at the rescue for a bit.

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I am judging you based on not just this thread but the many others you have posted. Each post you are getting different pigs from the last and each post you have a different situation. I doubt anyone can keep up with the timeline you present and to be honest, there is nothing here that seems stable enough for pigs. It's not about being "the bad guy", as I have no doubt that you love pigs. People aren't being mean and they don't understand because you change your story so often (and coincidentally when you meet resistance to your idea.) You may know how to hold a pig but there is so much more you don't know. The best interest of any pig is for you to wait for you situation to be truly stable. Build trust with your mum in other ways. Show you are responsible in other ways before you bring more pigs home to try it out on. Some soul searching and maturity is what you need. Not pigs. Not yet anyway. Why don't you volunteer at the rescue for a bit.
I know i am hard to keep up with, but we are stable now, and i wont be getting my piggies for a month yet..

i would Love Love Love to voluteer at my local shelter, but alas, i am under 16, therefore unable to.. i have checked with my local ones(and there aren't many of those I can tell you!)

my mum and i are going away on a mother daughter trust retreat(funnily enough) and we are hoping to build our relationship up bit..

xx

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
You can be under 16 and still volunteer. I volunteered with my local Dogs Trust between 14-15. As long as you aren't being paid in any way for the work, it's completely legal and is considered a leisure activity.

And FYI, I got warned after using the wrong word to describe something in the medical section once. I said milliseconds and I really shouldn't have because it was overstating what I meant. I still post there frequently, and I make sure to post verified info, or to make it clear that what I'm saying is only an opinion. Being told to not post misinformation is like being told not to give the kid with the nut allergy a peanut butter sandwich, it's a straight forward, logic, and valid request.

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I understand and tht is over, we have a truce and are friends now..I have looked at my local shelter @Princess_Piggie, I can't.. darn!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.