Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My little girl Bubbles just passed

rdaws1999

Cavy Gazer
She was six years old, and over the last week her health had been slowly deteriorating. Unfortunately, this came at a time where my mother was sick, my grandmother was sick, and I'm still healing from a broken foot, so a trip to the vet was not a possibility. Today she'd been wheezing a lot, and while holding her she spasmed a couple of times and then she was gone. I remember when we first adopted her I was looking up guinea pig care and stumbled on a forum like this, and saw posts like this and was happy that she still had her whole life ahead of her. Unfortunately now she's gone but I'm sure she's in a better place.

Attachments

PXL_20210812_015235020.jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@rdaws1999

It doesn't matter how long we have them. It's never enough. I too like you searched out forums for guinea pig care when I was a new pig parent, and this is where I ended up.

6 years is a good life, but as I said it's never enough. Nothing will fill that pig sized hole in your heart. She is an adorable little girl.

I am so sorry you've lost Bubbles. I am sure that her years with you were spent in the best of care, happy and worry free. She will take your love with her to the Rainbow Bridge and that will help her go on until the day you come there to take her home again one last time.

Rest in peace, Bubbles. Know how much you are loved, and how much you will be missed.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry.

Kelsie

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was certainly a beautiful little girl. Keep those memories of her close to your heart and she will never be gone. Rest In Peace, sweet girl!

Talkofthepigs

Cavy Slave
It’s hard loosing a pet you love especially when at the worst times possible. Bubbles is in the happy place with all the other piggies and having tons of hay hay to eat. Much love and wishing you and your family healthy living and healing <3

patriciabrown

Cavy Gazer
She was six years old, and over the last week her health had been slowly deteriorating. Unfortunately, this came at a time where my mother was sick, my grandmother was sick, and I'm still healing from a broken foot, so a trip to the vet was not a possibility. Today she'd been wheezing a lot, and while holding her she spasmed a couple of times and then she was gone. I remember when we first adopted her I was looking up guinea pig care at minecraft classic and stumbled on a forum like this, and saw posts like this and was happy that she still had her whole life ahead of her. Unfortunately now she's gone but I'm sure she's in a better place.
My condolences to you, but think that your rat has been transferred to a better life.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.