Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Today I lost my beloved Kallisto

DisaVelet

Cavy Gazer
Today I lost my Kallisto… I took her to the vet again yesterday and the doctor said she was fine even tho she was very skinny and breathing very fast… today she died… I feel so guilty like I feel I’m responsible for her death… i only had her for few days but she already bonded to me… i buried her near my apartment… i don’t know what to do… I feel so lost

Today I lost my Kallisto… I took her to the vet again yesterday and the doctor said she was fine even tho she was very skinny and breathing very fast… today she died… I feel so guilty like I feel I’m responsible for her death… i only had her for few days but she already bonded to me… i buried her near my apartment… i don’t know what to do… I feel so lost
(Continuing)
I put her with two other Guinea pigs in a hooded bed (they still could see and breath there) and I don’t know what happened there but when I took her out stuff started coming out of her nose and stopped breathing I feel so guilty

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you did the right thing for her by taking her to the vet and making her space cozy and safe. She may have come to you sick unfortunately since it seems she got so ill so quickly from your posts. 😢 Give your sweeties a snuggle from me!

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you did the right thing for her by taking her to the vet and making her space cozy and safe. She may have come to you sick unfortunately since it seems she got so ill so quickly from your posts. 😢 Give your sweeties a snuggle from me!
Thank you so much. I still feel I didn’t do much. like I could’ve have done so much more by taking her to another vet to do more checkups etc, unfortunately there’s not a lot of vet who are expert in treating Guinea Pigs in my country. I still feel so guilty, like it’s my fault she died.
Thank you again for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

I am so very sorry for your loss. There is something about these little creatures for us that once they've stolen your heart a piece of you goes with them wherever. One thing I have learned is that whether it's a day, a month, a year or several years......it's never enough.

Rest easy at the Rainbow Bridge, Kallisto.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.