Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Midwest Guinea Habitat Plus Guinea Pig Cgae

GuineaPigs98

Cavy Slave
Hello!If any body has the Midwest Guinea Habitat Plus Guinea Pig Cage please tell me.I would love reviews from it.I want to buy one.Before I buy one,I would love peoples opinions on it to make sure my little pigs will enjoy their new habitat.Thanks!

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Couldn't you make a 2x4 C&C cage? It would save you some cash I bet. ;)

asnnbrg

Cavy Slave
We currently have the Midwest Habitat. It meets the size requirements for one or two pigs, and it's expandable, so you can make it as big as it needs to be.

That said, we are going to upgrade to a c&c when we move in about a month. I do like the MH cage, but the lid is difficult to get on and off, and it can pinch fingers (my 6 year old got caught in it once, and it was not pretty). Another problem we've had is that one of our pigs can climb out of it easily (she's Houdini), but I'm not sure she'd be any better contained in a C&C, lol. I just have to make sure we keep a lid on any cage she's in. A plus to the C&C cages is that you can customize them and really make them your own. The MW Habitat can be expanded, but customization options are more limited (you can't build up, for example).

I found our MW Habitat cage for $50 on Amazon.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

Lisa21264

Cavy Slave
I have a midwest cage and I like it for the most part. I would make a pad for it though as it is very hard to clean the urine stains off it.

Branflem

Cavy Slave
I started out with a midwest cage and purchased the one without the top for $32 brand new on Amazon. I loved it and never had a single problem. My two pigs were happy and popcorned constantly. I use bassinet (yep, for babies) protectors on the bottom plus a towel layer, then my fleece. I have never had any problems with urine getting onto the bottom of the cage. Ever. My pigs are also litter trained for the most part. We still have accidents (they're piggies!) but they both use their litter pan in the corner of their cage. I say it's a fantastic starter cage! I used zip ties to make it more sturdy and that really helped!

katherine766

Cavy Slave
I have one, and love it. It's a pretty nice size, but you will probably need 2 if you have more then one pig.
Ive never had a problem with urine stains or anything, but that's because I lined the bottom with puppy pads.
It's a nice cage if you are too lazy to build a c & c cage or cant find the materials. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.