Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Made a cozy/bed/cuddle thing without sewing

bleukarr

Cavy Slave
Ok, so being as bored as I was and not having work tomorrow I tend to stay up... a tad too much if ya get what i'm sayin lol. I am a pack-rat so i had some old sweats that i was just far too lazy to patch up, so i ripped them in half hoping to make a tunnel or hammock, but Scout, being weird and all :), was too intrigued that there was something hanging from the ceiling of her cage so i took it down and threw it on my dresser. Till tonight, i have figured how to make use of it.
2012-07-21 18.36.00.jpg
this one is a little dark but she seems pretty cozy, she kept falling asleep lol.
2012-07-21 18.35.11.jpg Here I tucked her in using the left overs.
So to make this lovely contraption is VERY simple.
With the non-fuzzy side out and the elastic for the foot at the bottom fold the top, cut side out only a few inches. Grab just underneath doubled over part and push it into the bottom. I also used double folded paper bag between the first and second layer to keep her from eating the bag... which she LOVES to do.
2012-07-21 18.36.50.jpg
And here I draped some old denim over the top because I keep my room a little cold and it shields the light from disturbing her.
If you have any modifications, questions, or suggestion, or even old clothes ideas I'd really love to hear them. :)

Last edited:

PiggyPigLover

Cavy Slave
Cute and cool

Dawn1

Cavy Slave
Pretty neat! I might have to try this!

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Aww, cute! That's a really good idea for people who are to busy or cannot sew :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.