Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Lump on side of "male"

Rachelle15

Cavy Slave
This is my male guinea pig patches, I'm pretty sure hes a male. He has testicles and everything but I've noticed a lump on his left side which looks like a pregnant female carrying one child can somebody help me out.

A vet can help you out.

It is impossible to even guess what might be going on and just about everything can think of (tumor, blockage, cyst) are things a vet needs to treat.

You should really take him to a vet to properly diagnose and treat whats wrong. Be sure its a vet thats well trained with guinea pigs, as a dog/cat vet wont do.

Have you been keeping track of his weight? Has he lost any? What are his eating habits like?

Hes gaining wieght and he eats so much more than before

Does the lump feel hard or squishy? Does it move underneath the skin?

You really, really need to get this animal to a vet rather than hope to find an answer online. A lopsided lump like that could be a number of things - as other have indicated - all of which will require a veterinarian's diagnosis and treatment.

Hes not in any pain, and it its not hard or soft really it just feels like any other party of his body and no it doesnt move

You need to take him to a vet - that's really the only answer.

has any one else ever experienced this

Im not sure what else you're looking for with this. Many members have already suggested you take this piggy to a vet, and fast!

Even if three other members have experienced this...it is very possible that all 3 were for a different reason. Maybe (for example) one was a tumor, one was a fatty deposit, and one was a pregnancy.

How does getting this information help YOUR pig? It doesnt.

Please get him into a vet ASAP!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.