Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Lump on Chest Need Advice

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
It looks like the vet lanced and drained it? Or did he remove it totally?

millsma

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I don't have anything useful to add to this post, except for it sounds like you take wonderful care of your pigs. :) It's so good to see somebody who values their piggies so much!

GypsyGirl

Cavy Slave
The vet removed it all together. The abcess was drained before and it came back. This time I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

GypsyGirl

Cavy Slave
I LOVE MY PIGS! We had 3 people showing up from the family waiting in the waiting room to take him home. Lol. Not to mention a family member called to check on him while we were waiting. No one ever checks on me when I'm sick!

GypsyGirl

Cavy Slave
QUESTION: Roger has started to run from one end of his cage to another. He can keep this up for a good 30-40 minutes. With only about a 20 second break here and there. I first noticed him doing this after he got his antibiotics. I seemed to be in the cage (floor) with him when he started up. But once I was out I went back to check on him and he was still going. I thought he was having some sort of a reaction to the medicine. He's been off antibiotics for a week now and is still doing it. Why would he be doing this? I think possibly the anesthesia did something to him just because it started after surgery. My husband thinks he may be getting all his senses back and possibly smell the two new baby pigs(boys) in the house. They are clear at the other end of the house. I've researched and can't find anything suggestions as to why this is going on. Any ideas?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.