Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Litter box

Zelda_Zoe

Cavy Slave
My cavies have seemed to favor one corner since I brought them home. In the new bigger cage, they still seem to "favor" one corner and this corner seems to stay wet, towel and all. Do you think they are read and wanting a litter box?

Copperfox

Cavy Slave
You could always just give it a shot..my two boys were the same way, so I put the bottom to a pet store cage in the corner where they always seemed to go..it's been almost two weeks now, and I still haven't had to wash my fleece, or barely even pick up little "presents"..they only go to the bathroom in that pan, so I just clean it out every night...a lot easier then it was before I tried the litter box idea...

cs275

Cavy Slave
I have done kinda the same as Coppper fox. I made the old pet store cage into a kitchen and it works. they seem to do 90% of their business in there. :) I really want to try a corner litter pail but I think it would be too hard to train them fully.

Zelda_Zoe

Cavy Slave
So what bedding do you put in the "kitchen?" Do you still use towels and fleece or actually bedding? I think this is a great idea and want to definitely give it a shot. I think they would love it!

Copperfox

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure what everyone else does..but I use actual bedding in my kitchen area, and just dump it out and put in fresh every night..been working great so far..the kitchen area is the only part of my 2x4 cage that I have to clean...good luck :)

Maisiepaisie

Cavy Slave
I've made a litter box out of coroplast. A petstore cage base might be too high for some pigs. I know my older pigs don't like to jump.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.