Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Lets see your toys and accessories!!!!!

hatley1717

Cavy Slave
I wanted to start a thread about everyobnes unique toys and accessories you have for your piggies!!!! Im always looking for new and fun things to put in my girls' cage for them to play with. I want to have a unique accessories....my babies already have a double bunkbed bc they dont get along in hideys, and they chew the bottom of the fleece forest and corner fleece....so i cant have any fleece dangling. But this post isn't just for me.....its for everyone to get ideas from!!! So please, post some pics of your set up!!!!!!

prettynyguen

Cavy Slave
My guinea pigs love their pigloos, big fiddle stick houses, toilet paper tubes, paper bags, small boxes, and wiffle balls. While I'm playing with them, they love to shake the cat balls that have little bells in them. I'm switching to fleece soon, and I'm really looking forward to all the new and cuddly toys I'm going to make them, so I'll definitely:) stay tuned to this thread. Thanks.

hatley1717

Cavy Slave
ive been thinking about getting some cat balls!!!!! My pigs love toilet paper tubes too!!!

dani_starr

Cavy Slave
Mine adore fleece tunnels. I got two of the "magic muffs" from the fleece store (https://www.guineapigmarket.com/magic-muff#.VGOr7PTF_ok) and it is by far their favorite toy/hidey. They love to sprawl out on top, or snuggle up inside it.

They also really like willow balls (especially with bells), such as these. (broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

hatley1717

Cavy Slave
I gotta get some of those willow balls!!!

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Willow balls, wood blocks which they ignore, fleece pompoms, fleece pillows, fleece corner curtain, fleece forest tunnel, and a bunch of fleece tunnels and cozies.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
For my piggies I made triangle tunnels for them and they love it! One of my piggies is super shy so I put a long one in their cage and now she comes out more. And also if you go and buy a good medium sized ball (my second gp came with one) you can turn it into a hay ball and it will last them a couple days! It also holds more than hay things from Amazon and hay bags and makes a nice hide. My guinea pigs love the dark so I made them this hideout for their playtime and I'll put their veggies in their and they'll eat and come out and run around in their tunnels (sorry I don't have a pic for this). Hope this helps and feel free to customize it [emoji4]

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1416039090859.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1416039224632.jpg

pinky

Cavy Slave
For my piggies I made triangle tunnels for them and they love it! One of my piggies is super shy so I put a long one in their cage and now she comes out more. And also if you go and buy a good medium sized ball (my second gp came with one) you can turn it into a hay ball and it will last them a couple days! It also holds more than hay things from Amazon and hay bags and makes a nice hide. My guinea pigs love the dark so I made them this hideout for their playtime and I'll put their veggies in their and they'll eat and come out and run around in their tunnels (sorry I don't have a pic for this). Hope this helps and feel free to customize it [emoji4][/QUOTE

Do they live in that storage tub? That's way too small for even one guinea pig. There's a lot of info on the main page regarding cage size recommendations. You can make cages very inexpensively that will allow them adequate space.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Do you just use the rodent ball for hay, or does your pig play in it? Either way you'd be wise to remove it, they aren't safe for use with guinea pigs, if your pigs both try to get in they could get stuck and they have fragile spines so if it began to roll it could potentially damage them that way too. If you're not bothered about mess, just put the hay in a big pile without the ball casing, pigs love a big ol' pile of hay.

Ditto @pinky, if that's their permanent home it's far too small for one guinea pig alone.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
I ordered a new cage and i found a tub that takes up almost half my room and the ball is wayed down. And its a huge ball Idk how many inches but it goes just over the top of the tub and i only use it for hay as i dont need a vet bill right now. I figured out a safe way to wiegh the ball down and its easier than anything else ive supplied. I aslo take them out for lots of floor time. My secomd gp mostly stays in the pigaloo or in the tunnel. I made sure everything was safe before moved them in and their toys. And trust me with the tub i have they run arou d and chase each other comfortable but i do have a Midwest expandable plus on the way and im goimg to buy another. But thanks anyway @pinky

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
The other issue with putting guinea pigs in tubs is that they don't provide adequate air circulation, which can contribute to problems like URI's from breathing in urine fumes.

I can see from the photo with your guinea pig in that it is a large ball, but regardless of that they really aren't suitable for use with guinea pigs. There are umpteen alternative methods of providing hay that would be a lot safer.

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
My guinea pigs like a really simple toy. If anyone drinks soda in cans, you most likely get them in a long box, right? If you do, you can cut the end off of the box and just put it in the cage. If you cut it right, it will look like a box without the top. set it open side up and there you go! My piggies love to flip it over and chew on it. They also love it if you put some hay in there. You can also put veggies and other toys in the box. I also have a willow ball that has a bell in it. The babies really like that toy! Luckily they haven't chewed through it yet. I like the cat ball idea though! Got to get me some of those.

puckerNkicker

Cavy Slave
Sadly I don't have many toys for my piggies. I have 2 bellballs they don't touch unless it's in their way. I have pillows for them to lay on and always changing the boxes for them to hide in. This time was a beer case I got from my friend. They seem to love it.

PicsArt_1416156594295.jpg
PicsArt_1416156495715.jpg

hatley1717

Cavy Slave

wednesdaync

Cavy Slave
We have a fleece forrest which I know they love. I cut an old container and sewed some fleece and made an extra tunnel of fleece, were new and just learning. I've had my boys about a month now and still figuring out what works

wednesdaync

Cavy Slave
Those are about what I have to start my boys seem to be doing okay so far

wednesdaync

Cavy Slave
^ I've had freckles and kojak for about a month now, started with a store bought cage and quickly realized how small it was. Just finished my upgrade and they are in heaven. Will be added two more length wise shortly and then they should be set

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.