Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
@joys_cavies
Bought it from https://www.gaeludyr.is/nagdyravoerur-is/hamstra-naggrisageroi-8-grindur-34x23.html (local petstore), was called a play run, the fence is 23cm tall and my piggies have not yet jumped over it (had it as long as I've had them, for floor time), they aren't big on jumping unless they know what they're jumping on (such as a platform I made which allowed them to reach the top floor, they jumped that proudly (18cm tall). At least thats how my piggies have been like
Oh ok. There's a playpen in Amazon that's like that. Mine are big jumpers and climbers only if they hear a bag crinkle lol. Nice cage tho

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Had to 1 up Oliver since he found out he could get into the cage from the fish tank.
I was doing all I could to avoid the lid because of the risk he has on breaking a toe. You couldn't be happy watching them from afar on your towers. *sigh*

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1423468180895.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1423468198424.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1423468209768.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1423468221676.jpg

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
Wow, all of the cages look amazing! Such uniqueness! :D

ThatGirlMarie

Cavy Slave
So many cages!! I just finally got the stuff to finish my ramp tonight so I put their loft up ^.^ I AM SO EXCITED.

They're having some floor time - albeit in a littler pen than their bed, but I think they like the change of scenery - while I wash all the beddings. I feel like I have to wash a lot to keep the smell down. I can't wait for flippers and I'm going to post pics as soon as it's all put back together tonight!

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
I changed my set up! New (and improved) Hay rack, and switched the cage around a bit. Mine feels plain compared to these elaborate wonders, but my boys like it. :) Hopefully I'm going to expand to a 2x5 or 2x4 soon, as well as add a 1x5 or 1x4 loft.

picture064.jpg

Keep 'em coming!

ThatGirlMarie

Cavy Slave
After I upgraded to a 3x3 :)

They love it!

IMG_0273.jpg

ThatGirlMarie

Cavy Slave
They chew on it sometimes, but not really. They like "softer" cardboard, like a paper towel role or egg carton. They chew on the litter box sometimes too, but not really the big box! I think they like hiding/running through it too much :p

CavieGuy

Cavy Slave
I just realized that i never posted a picture of my setup... 2x7 C&C cage w/ L-shape loft

uploadfromtaptalk1424672874624.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1424672818426.jpg

ciaraelise

Cavy Slave
I finally found reasonable coro last weekend, so I was able to construct my first C&C!!! Here's my cage story thus far:

This was the cage we brought him home in, knowing I'd buy a bigger one soon but not wanting to spend over 100 on hay, pellets, and a cage we got a 'starter kit
'Chester001.jpg
While out buying QUALITY hay and food for him, I saw this. it was on clearance and I couldn't bare seeing Chester in that litterbox anymore.Chester002.jpgHe was a happy popcorning boy! I knew it was too small, but I felt better that it was slightly longer.
chester003.jpgchester004.jpg
And then I realized HomeDepot sold coroplast!
chester005.jpg
50 bucks later and a whole bunch of measuring and zip-tying, he had his first C&C home. Poor buddy is stuck with a Rapunzel fleece until next pay day XD

Continuation of his new C&C on the next post!!!

ciaraelise

Cavy Slave
It's only a 2x3 but it does it's job! I have two old towels on the button and then the fleece on top and clipped to the coro.

At first it felt pretty plain. Just his 'kitchen', hidey, and couch. The couch was secured to the corner with the grid top because he kept using the couch as a platform to try exploring the outsideof his cage.
chester006.jpg
I bent a grid and made it into a hayrack. I moved it down one space to make it easier to munch chester007.jpg
(also thats a gatorade dilute in his 2nd bottle. Vet recommended due to his weird health issues)
chester008.jpg chester010.jpg
It's been a FRIGED winter here and even though we keep the house around 70F, my room still feels cold. I put blankets over the top for insulation and I used and old shirt with long sleeves and tied it to the top grid. he LOVES running under, and it flips up if I want to sneak a peak.
chester009.jpg
Then I double gridded his couch corner because he kept sticking his cute little nose through the holes. And even though I checked the dimensions and the grids I bought are safe, you can never be too careful. Call me paranoid- haha!

ciaraelise

Cavy Slave
Lastly, I still felt he didn't have enough 'cuddle options'. We are flirting with sub zero temps and I kept seeing all these cute plush-like pillows in everyones cages that I said what the heck, Chester should have a pillow too!

I grabbed another t shirt I never wear and tied off the sleeves, made a few cuts, and filled them with hay (breakfast in bed anyone?). I tied the sleeves to the top grid closer to the coro wall and called it a day!

chester011.jpg chester012.jpg
Chester absolutely loves it! It satisfies his jumping needs (from the bed to the couch zoomies around the cage, back to the bed, then to the couch -continuation until he smells veggies!), he burrows in-between the wall and the bed and sleeps sooo good, lounges on the pillow, and snacks on fresh hay that hasn't been soiled or stomped on!

Over all, I've very proud of his cage and it's helped so much with his health. I can't wait until the vet gives me the clear and I can rescue another boar.

busybusy

Cavy Slave
my piggies cage

This is Captain Jack and Prince Albert ' s new cage. I previously had them in a 203 and now they are in a 2x5. My hope is to add a little loft for them next weekend.

Attachments

20150301_124219.jpg

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
@ciaraelise, what a great cage for your boy! I'll bet he loves it. :) Great ideas! I might have to steal some, if it's okay with you.

ciaraelise

Cavy Slave
@ciaraelise, what a great cage for your boy! I'll bet he loves it. :) Great ideas! I might have to steal some, if it's okay with you.

Thank you!! Chester absolutely loves his new cage :))
Post pictures if you make a shirt bed!

HollyH8

Cavy Slave
Here's Stella, Ruby, Lucy and Ellie's 2x6 enclosure! I know a 2x6 for 4 girls is a little small but it's the biggest I can get right now. I just cleaned the cage and I'm trying wood pellets with fleece for the first time, hope it works well for smell since the flippers seemed to stink even after I just washed them.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425834788.931334.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1425834805.366282.jpg

AnnikasMommy

Cavy Slave
I am a new owner and thought ok you buy a guinea pig and go to the pet store to buy a cage. Yeah well after looking at what they had to offer size wise I was stumped. Even if you have just one little guy after you put a hidey and food bowl only there is no room for them to move. Did a bit of googling and learned what a C&C cage was. Sat I got to work and built a C&C cage. A little trial and error went along with it. I took down the upper level ramp until I can get carpet remnants to put on the ramp for better traction and will be making some other modifications the more I look at it. They love their little "boxes" to snuggle in though. Sometimes together and sometimes away from each other. What do you expect for brothers. :)

C&Ccage.jpg

jrv4babies

Cavy Slave
So I have updated my cage now that I added a second little love. I don't really have room for a 2 x 4 which is why I built a 2 x 3 in the first place. So it has been my plan all along to remove the kitchen area and make it a straight 2x3 fleece area and then add the 1 x 2 kitchen addition once we got the second piggie.

However, I'm feeling a little bored with it compared to our cool triangular set up though. I knew exactly what to expect for mess and where with how Stripe ruled her cage before. I'm sure once I have a better chance to observe the new cage I'll sort it all out (it has only been 24 hours since set up and unfortunately today I was not very available to just sit and enjoy). And of course most importantly I need to see how they enjoy it...I'm sure they will show me any tweaking that is needed if I watch/listen.

Any suggestions come to mind???

updated cage.jpg

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Here's my cage!

1)Overview. Its a 3x4 C&SC cage (cube and shower curtain)

2)Food and hides. My "alternative"fleece forest. The girls really enjoy them. And their food is in between so they really like that (they have to walk to get their veggies and water tho lol)

3)Play area. One bent grid inside a fleece tunnel. I need ideas!

4) water area. One pig likes to sleep next to the water bottle so I put a pillow that doubles as a pad thingy[emoji23]

In case you were wondering, I have my two spoiled girls in here!

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1426204519136.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1426204733701.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1426204753912.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1426204789149.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.