Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@(broken link removed) I love your cage design!

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
I forgot this one. It is the most important area of my cage. I call it the condo and it is where you will find all 6 of my piggies sleeping for at least half of the day. :)

DSC03448.jpg

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
@MrWhistles Thanks so much. I put it together tonight, I thoroughly feel exhausted!
@cfoster1966 I saw your cage on the open cages forum and you were my inspiration on my cage (I think I even posted under your photo)! I love your cage, wish I had a room where I could do a U shape like that on a shelving system (grid shelves were a pain for me put together btw, took me like 3 tries to figure out the best way to support my 2x7 top with the 2x2 L attachment >.<)!

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
@Kritastrophe It turned out awesome! I wish I could do multiple levels but it just would be too high for me to clean. :)

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Slave
@(broken link removed) How did you make that amazing pig condo? So cool looking!

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
@T1ggerPigLuvur Super simple. I am lazy so I bought the Cavy kitchen and the cavy patio from the guinepigcages store, cut to fit some u-haul pads and fleece, put a little fringe on the top fleece and just put them in. Two super levels of sleeping fun and really easy to clean as well! :) All 6 pigs can fit in that 1x2 space comfortably. I joke that rest of the cage is just a waste of space. ;)

MaggieMoore2013

Cavy Slave
I have this fabric! My piggies are Auburn fans :)

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
@(broken link removed) :)

Here is the rescue girl's cage, I'll be making it bigger in a couple of weeks for when the two newly surrendered girls are out of quarantine; they'll have a different set (the big boys for adoption will get the candy set) a nice girly one. I just want to say how amazing PeeweesPiggyPalace's stuff is!

-3.jpg-1.jpg

Last edited:

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
My phone is not cooperating and is not letting me post pictures in this thread for some reason today. I will add some more to my gallery (if it will let me do that)if you want to check them out there.

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
My phone is not cooperating and is not letting me post pictures in this thread for some reason today. I will add some more to my gallery (if it will let me do that)if you want to check them out there.

Is it the 2x6 with the black coroplast? Looking good! :D

pinky

Cavy Slave
I really like the look of the black coroplast and grids. I'm thinking of replacing my white trays with black. I wanted to make my cages with white grids and coroplast but I couldn't find white grids here. The black and black looks just as nice as the white and white.

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
Is it the 2x6 with the black coroplast? Looking good! :D

Yeah. That cage is the cage in all the pictures. As we discussed before, as soon as I can get more tables or
shelves to put it on, I will be expanding to the U OR H shape with two 2x6 attached with their kitchen as the bottom of the U or the middle of the H.

PIGGIE_LOVER98

Cavy Slave
my piggies still live in this tiny pet store cage :( and it was the biggest one they had! Sorry about the quality.
IMG_0791.jpg

And so this christmas im begging my parents to buy C&C cage supplies! fingers crossed i get them for my piggies! were going to put them here! its going to be a long cage probably 2X5. and its going to be on a table that my dad will help me build out of wood! And probably even make som hidey houses! and the book shelf and cabnet will be moved

IMG_0792.jpg

jhanshaw

Cavy Slave
hey cfoster1966? Did you cut down the side of cavy patio? How high did you put it so that you didn't need the ramp? I hate the ramp it take up so much space!!!

jhanshaw

Cavy Slave
@cfoster1966
Did you cut down the side of cavy patio? How high did you put it so that you didn't need the ramp? I hate the ramp it take up so much space!!!

jhanshaw

Cavy Slave
IMG_1639.jpgIMG_1638.jpgIMG_1587.jpg

Here is my daughters Christmas present (in my mom's kitchen hiding lol). I haven't had a guinea pig in 20 years!!! I don't know who will be more excited, me or her!

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
@jhanshaw Yes, I cut the front of the patio. Mine were used to lofts made with grids so I knew they would just hop on it. I put the metal rail things that come with the patio in the 4th hole down on the grids. I originally had it in the 5th hole but it didn't leave alot of clearance underneath so I tried the next hole up and they all seem to be able to get up there with no issues and no ramp!

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
@jhanshaw Yes, I cut the front of the patio. Mine were used to lofts made with grids so I knew they would just hop on it. I put the metal rail things that come with the patio in the 4th hole down on the grids. I originally had it in the 5th hole but it didn't leave alot of clearance underneath so I tried the next hole up and they all seem to be able to get up there with no issues and no ramp! If yours have trouble jumping up, you could always put a brick or something close by for them to get on first. :) Your cage looks great, by the way. :)

LitaRutherford

Cavy Slave
I don't know if I've ever shown my cage o.o The stuff inside moves around almost every time I clean it, just to keep things interesting, and they have an actual fleece forest now instead of the little curtain, but it's basically the same. Just a 4ftx4ft dog play pen set up on my floor. I keep trying to think of some way of adding a removable second story to give them more room to get away from each other. And this is such an old picture, Odair and Porcupine look so little XD They are MUCH bigger now. Oh and they have a second thing of hay and three food bowls now, but still only two water bottles most days. Thankfully water seems to be the one thing they will share.

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.