Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Lazy Sunday afternoon and Kleenmama Hay

Blog entry from old forum

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
So, after church today I put the boys out for a little floor time.
They ran around for a bit. Patch chasing Charlie. George chasing Patch.
Just adorable.
I fall asleep and wake up in a panic! Although their floor time area is well secured, I don't like to leave them unattended. That Patch is a crafty one.

But when I check on them this is what I found :)
sunday nap.jpg

All sweetly napping. Those little flower baskets for the Dollar Tree have come in handy. And not just for great photo oops.

So, while the boys are napping, I am trying to figure out what to do with the 45 lbs of Kleenmama hay I purchased. I had not properly visualized how big this box was g
onna be. I have no space for it. Right now I have it in the box it came in (minus) plastic bag. With 3 pigs I am not sure how long the box will last, but I am figuring that it is gonna be sitting in the middle of the bedroom floor for a while. I think I am gonna try to break it down to 3 smaller cardboard boxes. Then I can keep one in the pigs room, one in the living room and one in bedroom.
On a happy note - the boys seem to enjoy the new hay. I love how long the blades are. I didn't get that even with sweet meadow.
Wish I had a larger apartment. I will never buy 45 lbs again. Going smaller next time for sure!

Kelsie

Cavy Slave
What a sweet picture! It's a good thing no one tried to make a getaway while you were sleeping. I know what you mean about the 45 lbs of hay. I did the same thing and when it arrived I couldn't believe how much hay I had to store. I have 4 pigs and I bought the hay in June and I still have about 1/4 of it left. I have 2 large bins that I keep my hay in and I filled both of them up and still had over 1/2 of the large box left. Last week I finally able to fill a smaller cardboard box and throw out that huge shipping box. I also will never order that large of a box again. I usually order 25 lbs and that stores nicely for me.
I'm glad to hear that your boys really like Kleenmama's. I recently ordered the pellets and my pigs definitely prefer them over the Oxbow brand. I mixed them together to use up the Oxbow and they ate only the Kleenmama's and left the other.

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
Kelsie;bt4487 said:
What a sweet picture! It's a good thing no one tried to make a getaway while you were sleeping. I know what you mean about the 45 lbs of hay. I did the same thing and when it arrived I couldn't believe how much hay I had to store. I have 4 pigs and I bought the hay in June and I still have about 1/4 of it left. I have 2 large bins that I keep my hay in and I filled both of them up and still had over 1/2 of the large box left. Last week I finally able to fill a smaller cardboard box and throw out that huge shipping box. I also will never order that large of a box again. I usually order 25 lbs and that stores nicely for me.
I'm glad to hear that your boys really like Kleenmama's. I recently ordered the pellets and my pigs definitely prefer them over the Oxbow brand. I mixed them together to use up the Oxbow and they ate only the Kleenmama's and left the other.

I needed up rearranging everything under the boys cages and put the box there. I cut out the side so I could close off the ends. Hopefully that will give it enough ventilation.
I laughed out loud when I realized I need to lose 45 lbs. To imagine I am carrying around that box of hay everyday is just exhausting!

I want to order my boys some of the pellets next (a regular sized bag!). But I have a 10 lb bag of oxbow they need to finish first. Too expensive to get them hooked on something new.
Good to hear the hay lasts for a while.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.