Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Just Had to Share

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I've had my boys for almost a month now (It'll be a month on the 9th). They'll be four months old on the 18th. We've been working really hard to make their lives happy and healthy. They being so young were not quite hand tamed when we adopted them. So we've been patiently taking them out for lap time everyday, bribing them with plenty of tasty treats. We're making slow progress but it's progress none the less. Part of it is figuring out what they like. For example: Felix likes to have his tummy pet, but you have to put your finger under him because he won't let you put him on his back and he loves to have his chin scratched. Casper likes to be held a certain way, almost in a standing position.

Anyway, we took them out for lap/veggie time out on our couch today. I sat on one end of the couch with my legs up and my fiancé sat on the other end with his feet up as well. Our legs made a kind of wall like tunnel for the boys. We set them in the middle. I also had their squishy red pillow on my lap and their lap time blankie was on the floor next to me.

Well Felix climbed right up onto the pillow and settled right down. Casper decided he liked the pillow too, but used it in a different way. He burrowed under it. My legs made a little cave with the pillow as the roof. He loved it. So this gave me an idea. I draped their lap time blankie over my head and let it hand down over my body. I essentially made myself one big piggy toy. The boys loved it! They went crazy crawling all over me, running up and down the couch. Popcorning on my stomach. Running up to my face and giving me kisses. Cuddling under my neck. Coming up to my hand and nudging it for petting. They were chattering away the whole time. They even tried to eat some of my fiancé’s leg hair.

This was the best lap time we had together and I just HAD to share. I'm in such a good mood now!

Sounds like great fun :)

Piggies have such great personalities , something non piggie owners often have trouble understanding. But of course the pig personality also depends a whole lot of the piggie slaves too.

Robert

Aww, sounds like they had a blast! I love when they popcorn on you. Tarzan will popcorn on my lap, run up and hide under my chin, run back to my stomach and then come give me kisses. It's so cute.

Aww how cute.

That is so cute! I'm so glad you are taking such great care of mine, erm....your boys. Teehee! Of course, I would've loved to see pictures of that.

I would have loved to have video taped it! I assure you that I looked utterly ridiculous. I think that's half the reason the boys loved it so much. Mom looked stupid. The only down side was getting peed on twice. They've only peed on me once before. But this time since there were so many dark, warm cozy places I think they were very comfortable peeing on me. It was so worth it though. My fiancé thought it was hilarious. They didn't pee on him. I'm glad they ate his leg hair.

And Jenn. MINE.

Thant is so adorable!!!!!
Jami

What fun. I am so glad they are hunkering right into the family so well. They are a joy aren't they?

Awww! That sounds amazing! Will have to give it a go myself! (am no stranger to looking a fool!)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.