Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Herbs Is this herb mix safe for piggies?

SquigglyPigs

Cavy Slave
I bought some chew toys off of a bird website for my guinea pigs and got a free bag of dried herb salad. This is the list of ingredients: red clover blossom, echinacea, chickweed herb, dandelion leaf, plantain leaf, garlic flakes, oat straw, yarrow flower, licorice root, milk thistle seed, kelp granules, elder berry, wheat grass, lavender flower, astragalus root, elder flower, marshmallow root, spirulina, barberry root, olive leaf, pau d'arco bark, wormwood.

Does this sound safe to feed to guinea pigs? I think the garlic flakes were probably the most concerning thing I saw, but I'm not familiar with some of the other ingredients.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I wouldn't, just because I don't know all of those things. If it's from a bird website, I'd think it would be more suitable for birds than for pigs -- they don't have the same diets.

SquigglyPigs

Cavy Slave
Okay thanks. That's kind of how I was leaning too. I work at an animal shelter so I'll just give it to the birds there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.