Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is My Pig Normal?

billypig05

Cavy Slave
I am part of a family owned pet store, and we had a pregnant guinea-pig, she gave birth to two still borns, and one live, and died in birth. We brought the one live one home, and he was around two ounces. He is now in a My First Home 30x36" cage, and shelf, and is over a pound. I have a question. My guinea pig is not the usual shy and scared of heights. He instead will just run up my moms arm, and sit on her shoulder, etc. Is my pig normal?!?!:?:

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Yes. Many pigs love jumping and climbing. And pigs aren't always shy - you only need to give them time and they will blossom, as you have found out.

One thing I do have to ask is to look into getting him a friend. He will be 10 times as happy having someone of his own kind to talk to.

Welcome to Cavy Cages.

♥pepsi♥

Cavy Slave
Well it may have something to do with being "around people" since birth, it made him learn you are not a thret

my pig acts alot like that *laughs*

Pigaroo Mama

Cavy Slave
cavy-cool-crazy said:
One thing I do have to ask is to look into getting him a friend. He will be 10 times as happy having someone of his own kind to talk to.
Yes, and be prepared to build him (hopefully them) a bigger cage, preferably a c&c.
Welcome. Hopefully you will learn a lot here & can pass it on to the other family members involved with the pet store.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.