Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Is my guinea Pig Pregnant

Samrx

Cavy Slave
Hi I've recently noticed that one of my guinea pigs has been eating far more hay and food and drinking far more water than usual she's also gotten much bigger and I am worried that she may be pregnant which is pretty surprising considering I adopted them as two females I've attached pictures of the guinea pig(the blond one) and what I suspect to maybe me a penis on the other guinea pig I'd appreciate any replies and if it isn't a penis on the brown guinea pig what is it? :sad:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
We can't see the pictures. But if you turn them both over, it should be pretty obvious if they are or aren't the same sex. For future reference, that's the first thing you should do when getting new pigs. Never trust anyone else's word about whether they're male or female.

1stMinnie

Cavy Slave
We can't see the pictures. But if you turn them both over, it should be pretty obvious if they are or aren't the same sex. For future reference, that's the first thing you should do when getting new pigs. Never trust anyone else's word about whether they're male or female.
That's the truth! I separated a boy and a girl and planned to get each a buddy but before getting buddies I check them out and learned Mickey was really Minnie!! Minnie eats like a piggie and Daisy doesn't. I'm afraid we brought Minnie home pregnant. Is her belly getting bigger because she's a pig, pregnant or both?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It works just fine for me, but it's just a thread in the Medical Forum, Pregnancy subforum.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.