Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Is Molly Pregnant?

spinfuzer

Cavy Slave
Hi,
I got a guinea pig for free about 4 weeks ago and about two weeks ago I thought she was getting fat. I kept doing further research and I think she is pregnant. She does not live with any males. The person who gave her to me said she was about 9 months old when I got her. I don't know if she has ever given birth before. Here is a picture.

Is Molly Pregnant?

There would be no way for us to know for sure if she is pregnant. Pigs do tend to bunch up like that when they are sitting. She certainly could be but it's just as likely that she isn't. A vet would likely be able to tell.

She's a beauty though. My first pig, Shammy, was a deep brown like that but he had a splash of orange on his shoulder.

Maybe, maybe not. She's not too big for a non-pregnant pig. Weigh her daily for a while and record the weights. At nine months, her normal weight gain should have slowed down quite a bit, but if she's pregnant, she'll still be gaining steadily.

Thank you,
I have more info. Her tubby is hard and her nipples seem erect too. She eats a lot and drinks a lot too.

Yes, she's probably pregnant, but please DON'T hold a pregnant guinea pig like that! For Pete's sake, how would you like to be put in that position if you were pregnant? If she's pregnant, she needs to be handled as little as possible.

She is definitly pregnant. Just be careful and post pics of the babies when they r born:) good luck!

Jazzy, the thread was started way back in September. If this pig was that pregnant then, there's no way she would still be pregnant (guinea pigs are only pregnant for ten weeks). Since you are new, here's a tip you might not be aware of--check the dates on the threads you are responding to.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.