Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
This Petfinder add seems a bit suspicious. Many baby guinea pigs all crammed into 1 tiny cage. It appears that they have mixed in males/females as well....

(broken link removed)

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
It does look like a commercial cage, judging by the fact that there's a base and wire walls...and I don't think ANY commercial is big enough for all THOSE piggies.

I do have a question though...how can you say they're mixed from a picture? Am I missing something?

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Well for 1, there are 2 of this same add with the same pictures/information. 1 ad saying "female" the other saying "male".

And this is in the info section
"I'm not a guinea pig expert, but I believe a few are shorthairs, ridgebacks and a few might possibly be tufted Abyssinian. We have lots to choose from!

Males and females, and a few babies (pups) "

TacoBellWinnieP

Cavy Slave
I saw this one too!!! I told my mom and she was like yeah that's wierd.. But we figured they had to be a rescue to post on petfinder.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Is that true? They HAVE to be a rescue to post on Petfinder? I've never tried posting on Petfinder...

TacoBellWinnieP

Cavy Slave
I have no idea if that's true, but I just thought you did. I guess not though, considering this one looks like just another person off the street..? That is an awful way to keep piggies though.. If it wasn't nearly an hour away I'd see if I could help..

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Well for 1, there are 2 of this same add with the same pictures/information. 1 ad saying "female" the other saying "male".

And this is in the info section
"I'm not a guinea pig expert, but I believe a few are shorthairs, ridgebacks and a few might possibly be tufted Abyssinian. We have lots to choose from!

Males and females, and a few babies (pups) "

They are a rescue period, I do not think they meant in that cage per say, rather all together in the rescue period.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
You didn't have to post 3 times in a row to say that a rescue is listed with the ad. Regardless, the ad still seems very suspicious. There's even a video of all the babies and atleast 1 adult guinea pig crammed into that small cage. Even IF they just put them all together for a listing, it's very irresponsible to do that. A nasty scuffle could break out between the adults which could leave the adults and maybe the babies injured. It also makes the rescue look bad for using this pictures to represent the animals they have for adoption. The guinea pigs look like they're living in neglectful conditions.

I'd like to know if it's possible to claim to be part of a rescue and be able to post ads on Petfinder?

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Looking through the animals they have up for adoption....
--They have multiple listings for the same animal
--Pictures that are brightly colored and don't represent the animal very well(can't even see the animal in a few of them)
--And it appears they have no housing knowledge for guinea pigs/rabbits. The pictures I see of the rodents they have, have them in small pet store cages. The guinea pigs appear to be atleast 3 to 1 pet store cage :(

I'd like to send them an email asking them of the housing they keep the rabbits/guinea pigs in. If it's not healthy for them, I would send them links of reading material for C&C cages and why they are necessary for these animals.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I didn't post 3 times, I posted different info as i came on to it. I even post the rescue's site, as for the pictures posted for them, since most of their listings are for dogs and cats, I really don't think they considered that. Did you even bother to check out their site to see what they are about? No? As for 3 posts, maybe you should have investigated some before posting 3 times about them,how suspicious they are, assuming they are a breeder and not even bothering to see if you had to be a breeder to list on petfinders, the info is right there.....

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
I didn't post 3 times, I posted different info as i came on to it. I even post the rescue's site, as for the pictures posted for them, since most of their listings are for dogs and cats, I really don't think they considered that. Did you even bother to check out their site to see what they are about? No? As for 3 posts, maybe you should have investigated some before posting 3 times about them,how suspicious they are, assuming they are a breeder and not even bothering to see if you had to be a breeder to list on petfinders, the info is right there.....

To me, they still are suspicious and YES you did post 3 times. Different information doesn't make it 1 post. It's still 1 post after another leading to 3 posts all together.

If they aren't educated enough to atleast house them properly, what makes you think they atleast separate by genders? They might not, and maybe that's how they have so many baby guinea pigs.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
The way the house atleast the guinea pigs tells me they know very little. You're likely to end up with a sick and maybe even a pregnant guinea pig from them.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
And the two I adopted from the shelter here were kept in a store bought cage. BUT they also spent many hours in a floor run. Instead of screaming how horrible, take the time to find out how they are kept. This site has a ton of viewers that are just registered, they will see all your nasty comments about this shelter and that has great potential for revenue loss for them. Maybe since in the ad the woman even stated she know little about Guinea pigs, you could volunteer to foster some for the shelter, round up donations for some C&C cages and build them.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
To me, they still are suspicious and YES you did post 3 times. Different information doesn't make it 1 post. It's still 1 post after another leading to 3 posts all together.

If they aren't educated enough to atleast house them properly, what makes you think they atleast separate by genders? They might not, and maybe that's how they have so many baby guinea pigs.

When you are not part of the cure, you are part of the problem.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I posted 3 times as I got the info to stop more and more bad mouthing about this no kill rescue. Instead of stopping it, I got you crying about 3 posts in a row.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
There's 3 more for you.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Obviously you refuse to completely read my posts.
I stated I was going to email them about their housing conditions and send them some reading material on correctly housing them. These reading materials may lead them to read more and learn more. Maybe they'll even ask me questions. Who knows? Oh, I will because I am emailing them!

Status
Not open for further replies.