Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding Is corn cob okay to use for bedding.

They're not recommended.

Quoted from the page below "It molds fairly quickly."
Bedding

I remember reading in my girly magazines as a teen that corn products in cosmetics encourage the growth of bacteria. That's the first thing that comes to mind. From the page linked previously, they sound quite horrible.

What do you use as bedding now?

"Guinea pigs have been know to eat it. Particles can get stuck on food. If ingested and the guinea pig drinks water, it swells up and does not break down, creating a potentially serious blockage." - from Bedding page

This was the first thing I thought of. I'm pretty sure I have one piggy who would try eating it. She would try anything.

Last edited:
I'm using it as a base layer, hmm like 1" thick, then covered with 2" of white pine shavings. Works perfect absorbing twice the liquid volume than pine shavings alone, and if they don't dig (mines don't) they'll not eat it ;)

Okay so that's a NO. I was just curious. I will stick with my carefresh.

Thanks I knew I could count on ya'll.:love:

See I use the kitchen as a litter box as well. I was wondering how it would be easy to do daily poo scoops. It's not easy to do that unless I change all of it. Seems good for liquid but poo falls underneath. I don't know could just be me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.