Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing myself and the piggers. &Pigtures:]

banjosnotbombs

Cavy Slave
Hello,
I've been a member here for quite a while and I recently started posting alot more, ever since I converted my guinea pigs 3x4 pen into their full time cage! They just love it. I also built an upper level.. I'll post some pictures of that at the bottom of this entry.

My name is Sarah, I live in Ontario, Canada. I work at an Animal Hospital, I've been working there for about a year. It's a really great job, and I get great benefits with buying almost everything through Veterinarian Purchasing, which helps out a lot, especially since I find good bedding and food for my pigs to be kind of expensive.

I am owned by two Guinea Pigs named Llama,a 5year old abbyssinian, and Chubbles, a 4 year old sheltie, Stella, a 1 1/2 year old standard poodlexlabrador, and Woody, a 1/2 year old long haired banded male hamster.
Anyhoo, I can't really think of much to say in my introduction, I guess if you want to know more about me you can ask or something. :]

Onto the pigtures!
This is the girls new 1x3 hay loft! They just love it, you can tell by the poops:] haha.

This is a full view of the cage, I used their old litter bin as a hidey house, I have alot more hidey houses, I just wanted to see if this would work nicely or not, they seem to like it. I used a piece of PVC piping for support.. I didn't think that they needed it, but I was kind of unsure. Better safe than sorry! I use a large beach towel folded up as a ramp, I had bought some big paper clip things to clip them on but it was too thick and wouldn't hold so I used these metal clips, they don't care either way. The reason there is a small towel on the coroplast at the top of the ramp because Chubbles was nibbling on it, the towel worked and she doesn't try to nibble anymore. Also the green painters tape is just temporary, it's being changed when I clean the cage tonight. After I finished cutting out the upper deck I ran out of duct tape,but I was so eager to get it in there that I used painters tape.
That's Chubbles at the dish, Llama is in the wood tunnel.. you can sort of see her.

This is a nicer view of Chubbles. She's really small.. is this normal for shelties? I think she was the runt though, she's a strange piggy. Her hair is short because Llama barbers her.

And here is Llama. She found that cuddling in the towel to be quite fun, I fixed it though so she can't do it anymore, didn't seem to be very safe. They have a cuddlEcup, but all they do is eat the fluffy inner bit, I'm going to sew some material over top of it so they can enjoy it.

Well, that's all. Just thought I'd introduce myself and my piggly wigs :]
Take care
~Sarah.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Llama and Chubbles are perfectly adorable! And that is quite a cage. :)

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Very nice cage, your piggies are very cute. What part of Ontario are you in?

banjosnotbombs

Cavy Slave
I live in Cambridge.

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! You have adorable piggies... LOL, my pigs like to eat eachothers' hair too! Awesome cage as well.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
I love your piggies and your cage looks great. I love Chubbles' mask. My daughter came & took a peek, read your name and asked "Mom, why would anyone call themselves banjo snot bombs?" Lol; I really hope you think that's funny and not insulting. I did explain it was banjos not bombs, and now she likes your name as much as I do.

AJismypiggy

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Good to see a fellow Ontario cavy slave! I also live in ON. You have cute piggies!

banjosnotbombs

Cavy Slave
I love your piggies and your cage looks great. I love Chubbles' mask. My daughter came & took a peek, read your name and asked "Mom, why would anyone call themselves banjo snot bombs?" Lol; I really hope you think that's funny and not insulting. I did explain it was banjos not bombs, and now she likes your name as much as I do.

hahaha, that's so cute! Not at all insulting, I got a good chuckle out of it. Take care!

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Your have adorable piggies so cute. And the cage looks really really nice.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.