Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Intro: Bruce & Chewie

Lori N Keller

Cavy Slave
Hi!
My in-laws bought two new babies for my 5yo {they didn't know about rescues} about two weeks ago. They are estimated 8 weeks or so? They were both sexed as males by the vet, so we *should* be good. I think one is a teddy bear? I've been researching and lurking this site but thought it was time to join in. We have had fun introducing new veggies to them and building their cage. We're working on fleece bedding, but have them in a 2x4 c&c cage for now! I'm sure we'll expand down the road!

Thanks for having us!

Attachments

image.jpg

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Very cute, and welcome to the forum! It's definitely possible the cream one is a Teddy, though I think it's more likely he's a Rex since his whiskers seem pretty straight. He's less puffy than most of those pigs I've seen, though.

And remember to supervise the pigs with the 5yr old and if they're out of the cage when the cat's there, like in this picture! (My brother was 4 when he put down one of my first pigs on the kitchen counter and my poor baby jumped and broke his back. Now my brother is 15 and he still hasn't forgiven himself, he won't hold my current pigs and will only pet them while I'm holding them even though he loves them.) I'm sure you already know this though :p

What are their names?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Cute pigs!

Is the one with the white face completely white all over? And are his eyes the same size as the other pigs, or smaller? I can't tell from the picture.

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Cute pigs!

Is the one with the white face completely white all over? And are his eyes the same size as the other pigs, or smaller? I can't tell from the picture.

He has clear cream markings on his cheeks that I can see, definitely not lethal. They're light, though, it's possible they just don't show up on your monitor, especially if your screen brightness is down.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yep, I see it now. Thanks.

Lori N Keller

Cavy Slave
Bruce Wayne is the brown, Chewie is the other. His hair is pretty coarse. Levi (my 5yo) doesn't get them out thankfully. We had a very long few months of conversation before even looking into pets for him.. He has been extremely helpful with their care and loves them to pieces, but he is pretty respectful of their space. He sits and watches them a lot, and he pets them in the cage, and then will ask for me to hold them so he can pet them. (They are on my lap in the picture posted).

Here's a better picture.

Attachments

image.jpg

Lori N Keller

Cavy Slave
I don't know why it's sideways... Darn phone isn't cooperating!

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Glad to hear both of you are so responsible :) And aw, they're even cuter when you can see their whole bodies! :)

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
Bruce Wayne is the brown, Chewie is the other. His hair is pretty coarse. Levi (my 5yo) doesn't get them out thankfully. We had a very long few months of conversation before even looking into pets for him.. He has been extremely helpful with their care and loves them to pieces, but he is pretty respectful of their space. He sits and watches them a lot, and he pets them in the cage, and then will ask for me to hold them so he can pet them. (They are on my lap in the picture posted).

Here's a better picture.

What cuties!! Welcome to he forum! I too have had issues with uploading pictures via my phones, so you're not the only one with random sideways pics.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.