Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General I need space saving travel tips for the holidays.

miniver

Cavy Slave
I travelled to my mother's for the first time with the piggies in October - two girls under 1 year old . I had one suitcase for my self and the rest of the trunk was full of piggy stuff. Six bags, their travel cage and a bin for hay. My family was shocked at the amount of stuff. I was shocked. I need space saving tips before my family has an intervention for the crazy guinea pig lady.

I have 2x3 grids with cable ties that folds down. No base, just sits on fleece, puppy pads and a matress pad. That should fit in an old suitcase with all the fleece, cuddle cups, bowls, litter, pellets, etc.
Litter tray - absolute must. They use that and the bedroom almost exclusively. That will go in a bag with the foot stool and willow tunnel.
And, of course, the hay bin.
= 1 suitecase + 1 bag + hay bin.

That was the plan. I did a test pack and I need two extra bags.

Help. What are some good space saving tips?

Thanks!

pigger123

Cavy Slave
What exactly are you bringing? Perhaps there are some things that they can live without for the trip.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Bring the grids, a shower curtain instead of a base, hay, food dish, water bottle, one hidey and pellets. You can buy disposable bedding when you get there and use instead of fleece so you can toss it and the shower curtain when you leave. Buy veggies when you get there. Bring them along in a carrier.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.