Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n I need help being vegan

Silverbeat

Cavy Slave
I was almost certain that they were animal tested?
They definitely don't, it's on their packaging. Two of the [many] shampoos/conditioners made by tresseme contain gelatin though.

brindyzoeycandy

Cavy Slave
JASON products aren't tested on animals, and a lot of them are vegan as well. Look for a health food store in your area, mine has a lot of vegan shampoos/body wash/etc.

chrisandpiggers

Cavy Slave
They definitely don't, it's on their packaging. Two of the [many] shampoos/conditioners made by tresseme contain gelatin though.

Nope, Tresemme don't test on animals. However Alberto-Culver (who own Tresseme and test on animals, I think?), were recently bought out by Unilever (who definitely do test on animals).
So it's one of those tricky situations...Kinda like the Body Shop, who don't test on animals and support Fair Trade, but are owned by L'Oreal (who are extremely likely to be testing their ingredients on animals.)

Congrats on deciding to become vegan! Maybe you could start off being vegetarian ('pure' vegetarian, no dairy or eggs), and then move on to veganism, it might be a little easier that way.

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Purology, I get it at my local salon. It's expensive but it's so concentrate that it lasts a long time and sometimes I have water it down when I use it.

does anyone know if Purology is available in Canada?

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
No idea, but you can always next time you go to the salon!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.