Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n I know there is a vegetarian recipe thread but...

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Is there a vegan one??

I looked through the vegetarian recipe thread. But I didn't find many vegan recipes.

I am going vegan very soon. And was hoping that(especially in the beginning) It would help me a LOT to have some yummy vegan recipes!!! I would love a good simple macaroni and "cheese" recipe :). I have been veggie(vegetarian) for about a year(and a month lol) so...

Also, do pizza shops do any vegan pizzas?

Thanks in advance!!!!

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Oh I forgot to add so far my favorite recipe!!!

Strawberry "ice cream"

1 Package frozen strawberries
2 cups low fat soy/rice milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Directions:

Place all ingredients together in a blender or processor. Blend to desired smoothness.

Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.

Makes: 1 quart, Preparation time: 5 minutes + ice maker time.

It really is good! I am making a batch right now(it's in the freezer 🎂 yummy!).

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
I have found, also, that if you don't have an icecream maker, you can freeze mixtures partially, run them through a foodprocessor/blender, freeze some more, repeat.. . it doesn't turn out quite as creamy as it would with an ice-cream maker, but in a pinch...

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
I was lazy and I did that:). Though I really like it! It turns out really creamy and nice if you stir it at least 2 x throughout the whole thing.

banjosnotbombs

Cavy Slave
I know Little Caesars makes a vegan pizza, the one near me is really good about separating everything, using clean utensils, pizza trays, etc. It was pretty good, but I like making my own. A really good cookbook is Vegan With a Vengeance, a lot of yummy recipes(a couple of pizza ones too).

This is a good recipe for a vegan mac and cheese, made with nutritional yeast - Easy Macaroni and "Cheeze" | Recipe from FatFree Vegan Kitchen

but I find when I'm really craving cheese, and I'm too lazy to make that, I just melt some Earth Island/Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella and mix it with some elbow macaroni and garlic powder, it's so good.

your ice cream recipe sounds really good, I need to get myself an ice cream maker!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.