Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wood Pellets/Chips I finally took the plunge :o)

lisa325

Cavy Slave
IMG_2021.jpgIMG_2023.jpgAfter weeks of airing out Tractor Supply wood pellets I have finally put them in the piggies kitchen. I followed all the learned advice I have gotten on here and cut a piece of fleece to wrap around the kitchen insert on top of the pellets.

My boys seem to approve of the changes, they have been happily exploring and popcorning. I'm wondering if it would work if I measured the kitchen insert and made a couple of pads from two pieces of fleece sewn together that would just sit on top of the pellets, do you think it will stay put ok in there? I'm just thinking it will be easier than messing with clipping the fleece to the insert.

I've been dying to try these pellets based on all the great reviews I've read here. Wish me luck! :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Why do want to sew two pieces of fleece together? One layer works better than two.

But yes, cutting a piece of fleece to the right size and just laying it over the pellets works as long as your pigs don't burrow. That's what I do to my cage because it makes it much easier to dump the hay and poop.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
We're into the second week using the wood pellet bedding now and it's going great. It's so much easier than digging into carefresh bedding searching for errant poops, and scooping out the wet spots several times a day.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.