Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece How to make bed spread ?

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
It doesn't take a seamstress. It now takes me 10mins from full sheet to fitted, and I keep my sewing machine waiting with more. It's actually easier to fit it entirely over my coroplast, no binder clips required, and I think with the border method, though it would take a tad bit longer, it should not be hard at all.

Good luck!

angiekay

Cavy Slave
It doesn't take a seamstress. It now takes me 10mins from full sheet to fitted, and I keep my sewing machine waiting with more. It's actually easier to fit it entirely over my coroplast, no binder clips required, and I think with the border method, though it would take a tad bit longer, it should not be hard at all.

Good luck!

Yea? You know, I was at the thrift store last night, and seen a Singer sewing machine, really nice older version that's really, really heavy, great shape for 45 bucks. I'm thinking of going back to get it, because there are soooo many uses I could get out of it, with the bedspreads especially! Thank you!:)

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
$45 is a great deal for a singer. We got an old machine, like from the 40's from a local thrift store, including extra presser feet and oil, for $10, and a $12 cost for minor repair. Recently I think we spent $60 on regular maintenance (once every couple of years). We have abused this metallic beast, and it takes it like a champ! These machines sell on e-bay for around $400, plus shipping, and it weighs near 50lbs.

I would get the machine! Definately! There might be a secret seamstress hiding inside of you, like there was in me. :p

MissFormosa

Cavy Slave
You can get eco-friendly refurbished pet pads from the Opportunity Development Center really cheap - a 2 pack for $4.00. The real benefit to this is that you are helping people with disabilities earn a paycheck. :)
Here's the link: (broken link removed)

rahunter

Cavy Slave
Lissie, thanks for these instructions. Your instruciton are so straight forward that even will be able to make one of these. I will be working on one this weekend.

lissie

Cavy Slave
You're welcome. Don't forget to show us some pictures.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.