Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage How to get a cool looking cage :) newbie here

Anita Varrassi

Cavy Slave
Just got a new piggie today. So cage is from pet store. How do I get one of those cool looking big cages I see in the show me your cage post. Any tips would be amazing. Hubby owning piggies growing up I owned rats. But he always used the pet store one.

Attachments

image.jpg

Anita Varrassi

Cavy Slave
Thanks yall

Paul Suangate

Cavy Slave
If your piggie is still in the store bought cage, try putting the hidey in the middle. He/she could run laps if it wanted to.

wombats

Cavy Slave
And make sure you buy/build the cage to be big enough--a 2x3 or larger is good for one guinea pig, but you should try and build it to be big enough for another one so you can adopt them a friend of the same gender. They do much better with a guinea pig friend of their own...and the neat thing about a c and c cage is you can always expand later.

Anita Varrassi

Cavy Slave
I ended up buying the Midwest guinea habitat. He is now hiding but I think he will grow to love his new cage. Have some stuff ordered for it.

Attachments

image.jpg

GiuneaPigLover

Cavy Slave
I have two Midwest cages and my piggies love the space. Besides making your own it is one of the best cages in my opinion.

Amanda Marie

Cavy Slave
You should buy another attachment for the Midwest cage to make it a bit bigger for when your ready to get another piggy. Just a suggestion. Piggie pics?

Pigglet_pose

Cavy Slave
A Midwest is a great cage choice! Like @Amanda Marie said you should try and get another expansion too! Also try out a fleece forest. All piggies love it and I bet yours will as well. Maybe a chew garland as well could add some flare. Also pigtures?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.