Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How many sets of fleece do you own?

sohappy2beme

Cavy Slave
Technically, I have 5, but through trial and error, I realized that the first two were cut too small--the girls tunnel so the fleece has to be cut extra big and I sandwich it between the coroplast and another strip of coroplast and hold in place with jumbo binder clips. So, two will become floortime covering! (Not to mention one is midnight blue which I don't like after using because it is too dark and I can't see the poopies well to dust bust them up.)

I want to get some cute prints, (all of mine are solid) but they are so expensive. I bought these huge fleece blankets at Ross for $6.99, so it is hard to justify paying $5.99 a yard (I'd need 3 yards) just for cute print.

How many sets do you own? DO you like changing it out so you get a different look to your cage? And do yo have any suggestions for places that have sheap cute prints?

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
(Not to mention one is midnight blue which I don't like after using because it is too dark and I can't see the poopies well to dust bust them up.)

That's exactly why I like the darker colors. You can look at the cage and not see the poos. I see the poos and I think, "ugh, I need to clean this cage" even if I just cleaned it. And I have so many other things to do.

Scooter

Cavy Slave
I have purchased most of my fleece (about 10 sets) from a store called Fabricland. It is cheaper to buy the plain fleece however, I have put both a print and plain together in the cage. I like to change the colours and prints every 3 or 4 days. I watch for all the sale flyers, but, have not seen anything cheaper than $5.00/metre (39" long vs 36" long for a yard). I have also purchased fleece blankets and cut them to fit my cage. Sounds like you are doing a great job!!:)

Maisiepaisie

Cavy Slave
I have two sets. I also have some fleece blankets in plain colours, pink and lilac but I only use the blankets for floor time. Two sets should suffice really but I love the daisies on black from the links Jennie Feathers posted https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/cafe/30910-should-i-get.html
Unfortunately they don't ship to the UK. If theres anyone here who could accept a Paypal payment and order and post this for me I'd be most grateful.

sohappy2beme

Cavy Slave
I would help you out in a heartbeat, but they usually jack up the shipping so much to Hawaii it is astronomical! I usually buy stuff online and ship to friends in the mainland who then send it on to me. Even with all that, it is cheaper than what they originally wanted to charge me!

ortal

Cavy Slave
I like lighter colors, it is easier to see the mess and clean it up.

I have 2 sets of octopus fleece, haha, It's the same 3 yard cut, cut in half the long way and trimmed to the size of a 2x7. I used to fold them over and such, but trimming them down to size is much easier.

I have curious george fleece, which is great cause it has vertical lines in it so I can cut it easier. It is 2 pieces layered to fit the cage, because I originally bought it for a 2x3!

Same with my ducky fleece, I only bought 2 yards of it.

I have another ducky fleece that I just use for scraps cause I have cut it so many times and ways.

So really 4 full sets cut to the right size. All of them are pretty much blueish, so I am thinking of getting one more set in another theme. 3 yards will get me enough for 2 changes.

All are from Joanne fabrics and they dont have any more that I really like, so Im waiting to see what else I can find.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
I techinally have 3 sets but one is just the leftover from when I cut the other 2 sets. All 3 are the same print I think we got 2 full ermm 2 or 3 square yards for 14 dollars because it was on sale.My fleece is kinda dark but not black. It's rainbow hearts and so cute!One set fits perfectly but the other wasn't wide enough so I just cut some strips to fill in empty spots.

webjetter

Cavy Slave
I have 3 sets of fleece blankets for a total of 9 (one for the main part of the cage, one for the hayloft, and one for the "Master Bedroom" section). I bought all of them at thrift stores, yard sales, and Goodwill for super CHEAP! My favorite is the colorful Scooby Doo blanket.

I carry a slip of paper in my purse with the cage measurements on it, and also a measuring tape. That way whenever I see a microfleece blanket at a bargain, I can make sure it's the right size. I like being able to rotate them for variety and also they will last longer since each is only washed once every 3 weeks when its turn comes around.

I like the patterned ones that don't show poops and fur as much. The plain dark ones really show all their shedded fur but hide the pee, while the light ones hide the fur but show the pee and poops. Guess you can't win on that. But fleece is my perfect choice for bedding since it's much easier to clean and so much cheaper than disposable bedding (such as Carefresh or Aspen pine shavings), is colorful, and is soft and comfy on piggie feet.

Mommy Of One

Cavy Slave
I have seven sets and I only use it in the winter. So a grand total of -drumroll- 21 fleece blankets. :p

sohappy2beme

Cavy Slave
Well, my fleecec collection grew by leaps and bounds. I found two more fleece blankets at Ross that I didn't have those colors--a very pretty pink and a lavendar. Then, I bought 6 (yes 6!!!!!) different prints from Hancock online. So that would be 12 I think that fully function--being large enough. I think I'm done now!

luvmyzoocrew

Cavy Slave
Ha ha, i have 4 at the moment but everytime i go tot he store i look and there are a few more patterns i want to get,and then when christmas gets closer i want to getsome christmas patterns too. I am so excited about getting fleece.

ctinaw

Cavy Slave
I currently have 4 sets. I use patterns for the main floor and a solid coordinating color for the ramp and upper floor. Right now I've got a hot pink with flowers set (with pink ramp and upper floor), Yellow with purple paw prints (with yellow) and a turquoise with bright orange goldfish swimmming all over (with turquoise). My newest and the fourth is a winter fleece so I can decorate their cage for the holidays (hehe I know I am a dork). It's red with snowmen and other wintery things on it - it might say something I don't remember, haven't used that one yet but should bring it out soon!

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Only 2 :( and the worst part is they are the same pattern, but they only cost $10 in all so that was good. I wanna get more though!

SimplyRachael

Cavy Slave
I have two sets of cage blankets (from this site: (broken link removed) ). It works out really well; I take out the old ones and replace with the fresh ones and then wash the dirty ones immediately so they're all ready to go for the next time. I also love that I supported a local "business" to get my bedding.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.