Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Heartbroken & missing my LSP

skritters

Cavy Slave
Hey. It’s been a few weeks since my Lumpy Space Princess passed away, so hopefully it’s not too weird that I’m only posting in this sub now.

I’m just really having a hard time with her loss, and missing her a lot. She was with me for over five years, and helped me through some very rough patches—in the past year alone, my good friend, my uncle, and, hardest of all, my mum all passed away, and LSP was a huge source of comfort to me. I’m thankful that I was awake and there for her when she died, but every time I think about it, of watching and feeling her die in my arms, I get so incredibly choked up.

I’m not sure what I’m looking to get out of this post, but I miss her a lot, and I figure other guinea pig people will understand… not every one understands having such a deep bond with a “rodent” (quote marks because of the tone people use when saying that). Meanwhile BMO, who I never bonded with as closely, is confused and seems depressed, and I guess I should get a new GP to be her companion, but I just don’t feel able to bond with a new pig right now. I feel completely heartbroken.

I also just wanted to pay tribute to my lovely pig, who managed to blend sassiness with the sweetest heart I’ve known in an animal. I've had GPs in the past, and loved them to bits, but this bond topped them all. I miss you, LSP.

Heartbroken & missing my LSPHeartbroken & missing my LSPHeartbroken & missing my LSPHeartbroken & missing my LSP

I am so sorry for your loss. She looks like she had a big personality and was a very loved girl. She was lucky to have you there to take care of her.

Your post hit very close to home for me. I know EXACTLY how you feel with the bond you shared with LSP. I get the same "rodent" bit you do from friends and colleagues and you're right about only other guinea pig owners understanding that attachment. I have two senior pigs and I know that time is coming sooner rather than later and I absolutely dread it because I know what it's going to do to me and no one else seems to get that.

BMO probably is depressed and confused and sad, she's lost her best friend. You already know that piggies are social animals so it's natural for her to not want to be alone. As hard as it is for you, it's just as hard for her and she really does need a friend.

I am so very very sorry for your loss. LSP seems like she was an adorable little girl and you very obviously love your piggies and give them the very best care. My heart goes out to you. Pooper and Sly send you wheeks and grumbles of comfort.

Rest in peace, Lumpy Space Princess.

I'm very sorry you lost her.

We totally understand the pain and loss you feel! LSP was adorable, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Awwww How could you ever forget that sweet little face, she will always be with you. :love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.