Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ruby, I will miss you ❤️

Kschuck

Cavy Slave
Ruby, I will miss you ❤️
i adopted Ruby 1.5 yrs ago when her buddy passed away. My guinea pig, Rosie also had lost her buddy so thankfully, these 2 piggies were happy during their time together.
Ruby was 5-6 yrs old and she showed no sign of illness until last night when she seemed a little less active but was still eating. I picked her up and she didn't seem bloated - I couldn't find anything too concerning. But she passed away overnight. I feel so sad. What happened? I know I shouldn't beat myself up about it, but I certainly would have done anything if I could have. It just didn't seem too concerning.
She is my 4th guinea pig and I have nursed and cared for some through alot of issues but this was the first time I have experienced such a sudden death and it hurts. Now Rosie is alone - she is 7.5 yrs old and I really want to take a break from guinea pig ownership. Rosie lived alone for the first 5 yrs of her life with her previous owner . I guess I will see how she does.
Dear Ruby, I'm so sorry. I will miss you. I loved how you could hop up stairs with little effort. I am glad I was able to see you happy home with Rosie and give you a fun, cage free life!
Sorry for the long post. It helps me sort out my feelings of sadness. I am very in tune with animals and have a hard time when they leave. I don't have many people in my life who understand that connection.

I'm sorry you lost her. But thank you for taking in a senior pig and giving her a loving home.

I am so very sorry you lost little Ruby. Just the look on her face tells me she was an absolute treasure.

Losing these little ones is never easy. Some people bond tremendously with them and others don't. I am one of the former. I have lost four in the last six years and I still grieve each and every one of them.

As @bpatters has already said, thank you for taking in a senior girl and showing her what a loving home is like. She will carry your love with her to the Rainbow Bridge and wait patiently there for the day you come to get her again.

Thank you both for your comforting words. Guinea Pig Papa, I am sorry for all the loss you have experienced in the past six years. It's so difficult when they leave us. They really are special, each one of them. I am better for having known them.
I hope that Rosie is ok without Ruby. I feel sad for her. They got along but I didn't often see them hanging out in close proximity. I guess I will try and spend extra time with her and see how she does.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.