Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Has anyone seen the new AT&T commercial with guinea pigs:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
I just feel like I should remind people the purpose of a "forum" is to present various views on a topic. If everyone agreed on topics it would be pointless to have an outlet such as this, and if everyone started a thread to discuss every angle of a topic there would be way too many to navigate through. This is a great place to learn, and share, and express ourselves. But, if we can't do it in a respectful manner then we aren't going to get anywhere. I also think that its important to hear arguments against the things we support/believe, or at least our personal take on them, because it helps us prepare better to defend ourselves when the time comes to really defend our beliefs.

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@Paula Me telling you to please leave is rude, yet you coming in here and mocking everyone is perfectly fine? That doesn't seem right to me. I'm an adult and I assume you are too; we're not elementary kids on the playground. This has gone far enough. I am going to say it once more: THIS issue of the commercial IS important to me and I am willing to put up a fight. It does not concern you what I chose to do with my time. This what I tell the kids at the school I work in: "Worry about you." If I want to fight AT&T, that's my business. It is not hurting you at all.

Your thoughts on this matter have been noted, now please leave. I don't understand why you are even still on this thread.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
If you want to fight AT&T, you're going to need a bigger boat. :). You need more support behind you. I do think you can get their attention, you're just going about it wrong. If I were you, I would start a petition on a site like Change.org. Then I would start a FB group called something like, "Shame on AT&T" (something where people are like, hey what did AT&T do, let me check this out). I would promote the petition through the site, and ask all my FB friends to like the site and get the petition out. Use the 6 degrees of separation theory and see if you can make contact with a journalist. Once you have 5,000-7,000 you might be able to get someone to write something about you, or do a short news story on a local channel. If you REALLY want to get it going even faster and farther, stage a protest at a local AT&T store. If you get enough people the news will definitely cover that. Ask all your friends to share the news story once it's out online on their FB, and like it on the site. Once it has enough interest a bigger source will pick it up. At this time, AT&T will start to care.

ETA: The above suggestion is based on 1) having an aunt who works in the upper echelons of marketing in a cell phone company 2) an MBA in Marketing which I never really use because I teach sociology at a community college and work at a pet store.

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the advice, @ClemmyOddieIndy I certainly appreciate your positivity on this thread :)

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I'm an adult...
Thank you for clarifying; I’ve actually been curious a couple times throughout this thread, because your mantra of ‘I was rude, sure, but you were rude first’ strikes me as immature and slightly sniveling. In any case I haven’t claimed anything mentioned here has affected me personally (nor do I feel it does), it most certainly doesn’t hurt me, continuing to suggest that I’ve implied otherwise strikes me as a little childish, too. Quite honestly I don’t think any less or anything one way or another about anyone choosing to take up this or any other issue; what you do with your time is your business. But, as I’m sure you know, once you post about doing something or thinking something or anything of the like publicly, that opens it up to discussion and debate. This is a forum and as @ClemmyOddieIndy so eloquently pointed out, debate is a purpose it serves. Continuing to ask that someone voicing an opinion that’s in opposition to yours in a way you don’t particularly like ‘just leave’ really only adds to negativity – which I’m content to acknowledge that I’ve played a part in myself though I think it’s been much exaggerated and otherwise blown out of proportion. Beyond that, I certainly wish you the best. Keep in mind that because I don’t think it’s a worthwhile endeavor shouldn’t matter to you one way or another, if you’re out to accomplish something that holds significance to you in any arena, you’re likely to meet resistance in one form or another and I’d encourage you (or anyone else) to take it in the spirit it’s intended and just move on with whatever it is you’re wanting to do. What becomes of it, one way or another, generally becomes a learning experience from which you can grow, which is, at least to me, always welcome.

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
@Paula Standing up for what I believe in makes me immature? I have never bashed on you or harassed you as you have done to me and others. Your first post, you jumped in and started bashing and slamming us for trying to make a difference, yet you really have the nerve to call me childish? Your first post and the next couple were were only to make me and other supporters feel bad and feel like were wasting our time. That my friend, is called TROLLING. When you comment just to put others down as you have done, it is not debating, but TROLLING.

You did not post on this thread to debate, you posted on this thread to bully. And yet you want to call me immature. You have never wanted to agree to disagree, you wanted to shove your point into others' faces, which again is NOT debating, but having a temper tantrum.

A thought occurred to me: I am acting childish by politely asking you to leave since you have already established your point, but it is perfectly fine for you to waltz in and keep harassing people? Call me crazy, but I think that's backwards.

Your words do not hurt me. Your intent was to hurt with you rude and mocking comments but they failed. Sorry; guess your attempt at cyber bullying didn't work.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I certainly don't think what she has said should be considered "cyber-bullying" in any way.
From what i can see a lot of things are being taken out of context.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Clearly we cannot learn to play nice. This thread has served its purpose. As promised, it is now closed.

But I would urge all of you who were involved in the petty bickering to think about the time and energy you wasted just trying to "be right" and make the other person "wrong" and ask yourself if all that time that you won't get back was worth it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.