Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Hammock-for guinea pig

Coopersmomma

Cavy Slave
I am looking for new things to add to my guinea pig Coopers cage. I found an adorable monkey hammock online that is for ferrets, but I was wondering if any of your little guys/girls use a hammock. I would hate to spend the money and Cooper not use it.

Here is a picture
(broken link removed)

I thought I read somewhere that its important to keep any hammocks fairly taut. Otherwise they may not be able to get in and out safely.

I thought I read somewhere that its important to keep any hammocks fairly taut. Otherwise they may not be able to get in and out safely.

If you find that information, please let me know. Safety is a must!

I have 2 hammocks in my cage. The girls love them and seem to jump in and out easily.

Any other suggestions? Would like more opinions.

Guinea pigs don't really use them but if you want to put one in the cage make sure its low to the ground. Guinea pigs aren't climbers so you don't want it to high.

If you find that information, please let me know. Safety is a must!

Here's a quote I found... (broken link removed)
- Hammocks. Can be dangerous to pigs for the same reasons as harnesses, leashes and balls – leg, spine and other injures can occur if they become tangled up getting in and out of one. - See more at: (broken link removed)

i put hammocks in the cage and little pieces of veggies on top. the guineas hopped up to get the veggies, but then stayed on the floor. they seemed curious, but never chose to sleep on it. i have little rectangular plastic huts that i cut holes on either side of (like a tunnel) and the guineas prefer to sleep both under and on top of that better.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.