Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Media Guys with guinea pigs?

• Thread starter theguineapigguy
  • Start date

theguineapigguy

Cavy Slave
My husband says he could take or leave the guinea pigs but still I find him feeding them veggies when he thinks I'm asleep... lol
Thats the same with my mom. She says she doesn't like them all that much yet when I come home from school i'll often see leftover carrot in there veggie bowl.

jade_14

Cavy Slave
One of my good friends in High School had guinea pigs, I remember playing with them in his living room when he would have parties lol. My now ex-boyfriend LOVED Gracie and when I first got her he said "why would you buy that ugly thing" and then he super loved her, and I would just randomly find him sleeping with her when he would be over. He wanted to get one of his own, and he even said when we got married (obviously that never happened) & moved into his place I could put her cage in the bedroom.

Wibbles

Cavy Slave
I'm a guy and I have 2 piggies I take care of mostly. My fleece is tiger stripes to match my brown living room.

Wibbles

Cavy Slave
oh forgot second part. I have no problems being on a site or having a hobby mainly supported by girls. Whatever brings happiness into a life should never be questioned.

theguineapigguy

Cavy Slave
oh forgot second part. I have no problems being on a site or having a hobby mainly supported by girls. Whatever brings happiness into a life should never be questioned.
Wow that should be an insperational quote or something, nice insight.

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
OMG guys who own piggies are SO HOT!

Sadly the piggies are part of the reason I divorced the ex. He was very allergic, refused to take meds because they made him TIRED <rolls eyes> and then complained non stop about how much they cost, how much time I spent on them, about feeling like crap all the time etc...

So yeah the next big fight we had I had him arrested for assaulting me and the kids and now I can have as many or as few as I want. I can make the cage as big as I want. I can take them to the vet when needed without getting into fights about the cost!

I would totally love a man with as big of a love for these critters as I have! LOL

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
I was just wondering if there's any other guys (besides me..) with guinea pigs.

OMG guys who own piggies are SO HOT!
That's funny, but I concur!
My husband gets very involved with our boys too. He cleans the cage and all, I am in charge of handling the fleece, he feeds them too, cuddles w them etc, no shame here :)

theguineapigguy, I attached you some photos, one is older, when my husband holds one of the piggies when he plays some video games, and the piggy enjoyed it. He calls it father-son quality time.

And as I have boys, most of the fleece is either with blue, green, brown, though I must admit my favorite is a zebra print. I "hunt" them always on sale at big lots, walmart, kmart, and the latest was target.

20130108_215429.jpgPicture 232 001.jpgDSCF3800.jpg

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I'm transgendered and see myself as a guy, and i own a piggy. That counts :)

Cavy Treenie

Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs are wonderful pets. No matter what gender!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
To add to the manly stories: My dad, 62 years old, had guinea pigs. He had a pair of females and when they died last year he cried. He use to go outside in the winter and dig around in the snow looking for the green grass at the bottom to give to the pigs but of course he had to let it warm up and dry off first. lol He did not replace them when they passed but if another needy guinea pig crossed his path I don't think he'd hesitate to take it in.

pinky

Cavy Slave
My 21 year old son has always liked guinea pigs. We got our first family guinea pigs when he was about 3 and he's been involved with them since. He always had one in his lap when he'd be doing homework. He's a senior in college now, but still brings them out and holds them and gives them snacks. I recently had the flu and he was the one who swept cages for me and kept them fed and watered. The guinea pigs seem to watch for him and greet him whenever he's around. They're really drawn to him. I think they know they can trust him.... My male pigs are sleeping on basketball fleece right now. I bought ballerinas for the girls.

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
I'm not a guy, but my brother told me he thought I was crazy for wanting guinea pigs... until he met them. He hadn't realized rodents could have such personality. Whenever he is home from college he loves to try to catch/pet Elli, because he likes the challenge of my antisocial girl. Several of his male friends have met the pigs and all of them say they want to steal cuddly, talkative Peach.

piggiepigpigs75

Cavy Slave
I am a guy with two,and plan to get three more and I use fleexe

theguineapigguy

Cavy Slave
That's funny, but I concur!
My husband gets very involved with our boys too. He cleans the cage and all, I am in charge of handling the fleece, he feeds them too, cuddles w them etc, no shame here :)

theguineapigguy, I attached you some photos, one is older, when my husband holds one of the piggies when he plays some video games, and the piggy enjoyed it. He calls it father-son quality time.

And as I have boys, most of the fleece is either with blue, green, brown, though I must admit my favorite is a zebra print. I "hunt" them always on sale at big lots, walmart, kmart, and the latest was target.

View attachment 39778View attachment 39779View attachment 39780
I love the pictures,thanks alot! In the one photo is he playing world of warcraft? I used to play that all the time! Sadly in Canada we dont have kmart and big lots :/. But thank you for giving me ideas of what fleece is out there. And you're pigs are super cute.

PiggyDaddy25

Cavy Slave
Hello! I'm very much a guy, and I have 5 awesome boars. I know what you mean about all the fabric. I searched the forums and found a etsy shop that was willing to do custom orders. We picked out the fabric we liked, shipped it to them and then they sent us the completed projects. They currently have 6 liners, matching hidey huts, lap pads, fleece foreats, & sacs in blue dragons, camo, tye-dye, geometric designs, and elephants (a little kiddy but I love elephants). Best of luck if you find a shop you like.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
My dad adores our pigs!

If I meet someone with guinea pigs that loves animals as much as me, I'm wifing her :crazy:

elg1692

Cavy Slave
I'm transgendered and see myself as a guy, and i own a piggy. That counts :)

That counts Aleks :)

My partner and I are not guys, but we are more into guy stuff than girl stuff. We both love our piggies. They've got us wrapped around their little paws. If my partner is on the couch watching tv, I'm willing to bet money there is a pig in her lap.

@theguineapigguy And as for the fleece, I love frogs, so we found a really cool froggy/camo fleece at Hancock fabrics. It's masculine for our boars, but still cute at the same time. They also had a bunch of basketball and football and other sports fleece, along with plaid and other "non-girly" stuff too.

IMG_5162.jpg

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
One of the sweetest(yet scariest) moments in our relationship happened while I was at work and there were tornado sightings near our house. Daniel was home alone with our 2 piggies. He is visually impaired and was new to piggy parenting(we both were), so was not comfortable with handling them when I wasn't around in case one of them escaped.
Well he rose to the occuasion and got our little guys safely into a safe area of the apartment and sent me updates:love: and pigtures of them snuggled in a box surronded by towels and munching carrots. He is a member of the forum but he usally just reads the posts when he needs information for the health and well being of our herd of 9 now. His member name is @Ddbean and he is a proud piggy daddy!

Chritazy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@elg1692 I collect frogs myself and I LOVE that fleece!! I wonder if they Hancock still has it...how long ago did you buy it? I have girls, but they just might have to deal with it!

Chritazy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
In the one photo is he playing world of warcraft? I used to play that all the time!

I used to play WoW, too. And before that EverQuest...then I had my daughter. She didn't let me play on the computer and now my son is even worse than she was! My husband still plays those types of games though. I'm not sure what he's playing right now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.