Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Guinea pig is not pooping like usual, worried

KBTSens65

Cavy Slave
I'm a new guinea pig owner and, ever since I got him a couple of days ago he has obviously pooped alot
Especially yesterday, it was bizarre.
But, in the past 14-16 hours he hasn't pooped as much as usual, he just peed just now and it looks orangy/brownish in colour
He is moving like normal, but he also makes this continuous squeeking sound, very similar to someone waxing a car but a bit more high pitched.
I haven't changed his diet in anyway in the past few days either.

I might just be panicking and overthinking this, but I'm just really worried

Now something like this has never happened to me personally, but I'll try to help. What have you fed him/her veggie wise? If you have continually fed them a "gassy food" like broccoli or cabbage, they could be bloated.

I think I was panicking, he seem to be pooping a bit more now and active as always.
I fed him the occasional romaine lettuce and cucumber.
And of course carrots.

You should be fine, but if you notice any other signs of illness such as a runny nose/eyes, crusty nose eyes or ears, at anything else visit a vet. A good website to check out is guinea lynx

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.