Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Got my fleece!

medusa_stew

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
I got 4 yards of fleece at Wal-Mart for 28.00! It's funny cause I had exactly 28.00 in cash!
But I got the black & white checkered, It's cool! It will look good with my black grids and yellow coro!

It's being washed as we speak!

Awsome! I'm recieving my new fleece soon. :D

I wash & dry 3 times right?

Yep. I actually don't think you need to dry it inbetween washes though. Just after the last time...

Wow I'm getting paranoid about my piggies... i think it's the squeaking and chattering that's driving me insane (;

It is two to four times so three sounds good.

The site suggests four times. Remember, no fabric softener or dryer sheets. I suggest washing with just warm water for the first few washes, but you can wash with detergent.

The site suggests four times. Remember, no fabric softener or dryer sheets. I suggest washing with just warm water for the first few washes, but you can wash with detergent.

So, I wash 4 times in a row, then dry one time at the end?

So, I wash 4 times in a row, then dry one time at the end?

No. I wash and dry four times each. On the official fleece thread it suggests to do it that way as well;

*Wash and dry fleece at least three times;
*Wash on warm water / dry on a med-low setting;
*Do not add fabric softener of any kind in washer or dryer.

People who've had the best luck wash/dry, four times. I found mine just got better at wicking over the course of several more washings. I have some cheap Kmart or Big Lots throws that wick great. Cheaper material and thinner, I guess.

People who've had the best luck wash/dry, four times. I found mine just got better at wicking over the course of several more washings. I have some cheap Kmart or Big Lots throws that wick great. Cheaper material and thinner, I guess.

Thanks! My mom said the same that it will probably get better as it goes.

Thank you fellow twin, lol.

Haha, you're welcome.

I've noticed that ours got better and better the more it was washed as well. We are about to replace all three sets because they are starting to get rough and some have begun to pill.

Last edited:
Haha, you're welcome.

I've noticed that ours got better and better the more it was washed as well. We are about to replace all three sets because they are starting to get rough and some have begun to pill.

What do you mean? Like falling apart?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.