Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Freddie is getting neutered

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
That is what I did too, took his food away in the morning. Both of my pigs went in at about 9am and were home by 6pm. But it all depends on how well the pig is doing after surgery. As I said Spencer was great, he had eaten before I took him home! I would advise you to bring a little bag of his favorite veggies for him to encourage him to eat after surgery, it's very important to keep their gut moving.

Edit: Just realized you already said that.. duh!

Cosmictadpole

Cavy Slave
Freddie came home last night, and he was groggy, but up and eating pretty quickly. He seems to be a little mad at me, but otherwise seems to be doing well. I tried to give him his pain medication this morning, and man is that difficult! The first dose ended up on my pants. So I tried again with my boyfriend's help, and I think most of it got in his mouth. Thank you everyone for your support! I know that there could still be complications, but I'm really relieved that nothing happened during his surgery or last night while I slept.

sophistic_chick

Cavy Slave
I'm glad to hear that everything went smoothly with his surgery. I do have a tip for you regarding the pain medication. When I gave my boys their pain medication I placed the syringe pretty far back in their mouths (as far back as their molars) and waited for them to sort of gnaw on it. If they didn't do it right away I wiggled the syringe and then pushed the plunger.

I wish him happy healing!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.