Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

For all the bully breed lovers (and dog lovers too I guess) out there

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I read this and...:D

Top Ten Most Dangerous Breeds (don't worry, its not what you're thinking...)

10. Criminal Dog Owners - They vary in size, shape, color and creed. Whether urban or rural, they thrive in environments where crime does pay.

This breed may deliberately train dogs to be human aggressive. This breed has been known to shoot dogs for fun it. They fight dogs and use sweet tempered dogs as bait. Here in the New York area - they've been known to feed dogs ground up glass and gun power to toughen them up - you know-In case the police kick the front door - they're out the back - and the dogs are in between.

9. Irresponsible and Ignorant Dog Owners

Characterized by a complete lack of common sense and or manners, these dog owners come in three distinct varieties - Dumb, Dumber and Plain Stupid.

However they do share the same breed traits, like

Complete disregard for local leash or pooper scooper laws
Stubborn, self-centered rudeness
The inability to see the potential consequences for their behavior

So here are the three types:

Dumb- When Snowball whines to go out, they throw open the front door and let her out to wander the neighborhood. Snowball is free to poop and pee wherever she likes. And if Snowball should wander into my yard and my dog defends its territory, like many dogs .......we've got a problem.

Dumber - Easy to recognize, this genius nonchalantly walks their dog off leash in the neighborhood, like it's no big deal. WEll in my book - it is a big deal. How would you like it if I let my dog run up to your children off leash. Or run up to any person who may be afraid of dogs. (and BTW - I support off leash space - just not on the block). And it's not OK if your dog takes a dump in my flowerbed, got that?

Plain Stupid- Waaaaay short on common sense - they let their children play unattended with dogs, or let them run up to pet a stranger's dog or get in a strange dog's face.

8.Negligent or Abusive Dog Owners

Like sociopaths who lack basic the human trait of compassion - this all-too-common breed is well known for a lack of care or concern. They are, however, gifted and talented in the areas of neglect or cruelty.

These G & Ts routinely fail to give their animals even the basics of food, water or shelter or fail to provide vet care. David Owens, an employee of Child Services in New York, has been accused of leaving his dying Akita out in the cold for weeks.

Even beating the dog is OK for these people- it's only a dog. Even if it's not their dog! Kick it if it gets in your way, wants food or attention. OK - so cruel and unusual punishment is against law, so giving them the same treatment is out. Too bad.

7. Ignorant Shelter Workers & Rescuers

We give shelter and rescue workers big snaps for the great job they do on a daily basis. That said - they are some bad apples in this bunch. Who? These people are marked by their staggering ignorance, leaving the rest of the dog world stammering in surprise.

Statements from these so-called "professionals" include, "We don't adopt out Pitbulls - they have locking jaws", and "We don't adopt out Rotties or Dobermans - they're aggressive". Better yet, they hide a dog's health or behavioral history, thinking that all dogs can be saved, from adopters who may be in for a big surprise. Someone needs to teach this breed a lesson - and quick.

6. Ignorant Dog Fanciers

Nose and tail always in the air with, "Breed restrictions don't really apply to me - I own a PUREBRED dog". Oh, really? Maybe you'd like to share you magical powers with the rest of us....or better yet ............

5. Arrogant Dog Fanciers

Not only are nose and tail always in the air, but his type will even dis their fellow dog fanciers with, "it's not my breed".

4. Irresponsible News Media

They attack -unprovoked, when you least expect it. Out of the blue, and really just when those ratings are starting to take a dive. That's just the perfect time to lead with a dog story. These media outlets target large working breeds, they thrive on fear. And they are yellow to the core.

Yeah - I'm talking to you, Kathryn McIntyre of the Commerce City Journal for your lack of editorial integrity for publishing the street addresses of pitbull owners. Sex offenders have more privacy rights than dog owners.

And yeah - I'm talking to you all you local metro broadcast news outlets, like CBS Channel 2 News in New York that that invariably portray "dangerous" dogs as Pitbulls or Rottweilers. In journalism - we don't automatically portray stories of rapes with images of black or Hispanic men.
Nor should we visually support dangerous dog news stories with pictures of Pitbulls and Rottweilers, by default - like the one shown here from the CBS News site:
And yeah, I'm talking to you, for any print or web media that shows that same doctored photo of a snarling pitbull with digitally elongated teeth.

This ain't news - it's titillating info-tainment designed to spike fear, ad circ, and ratings at the same time.

It's time to run these out-of-control puppies back thru the basics - you know, fair and balanced reporting, media ethics - all that stuff they swore by in journalism school.

3. Greedy Insurers

These insurers aren't dogs - they're pigs. And who's to stop them when...........

They can chow down of easy profits on the backs of good dog owners by denying, limiting or eliminating coverage of dog owners in 37 states?
They stuff so much of their piggy bank bucks into the pockets of politicians?
Then politicians, hoggin' up all that campaign dough, do the bidding of the insurance sector, blocking bills that would make it illegal for insurers to discriminate against good dogs and good dog owners.

2. Opportunistic Politicians

These dogs will whine - they beg - they'll do anything for attention - and money - especially from those fat cats in the insurance lobby who ensure obedience with juicy campaign donations. These politicians breed fear, thrive on ignorance and count on apathy.
Prime examples are :

Michael Bryant - Ontario's infamous "Puppykiller" for the province's sick and twisted breed ban. One must "prove" that a dog isn't a pitbull and the law requires all pitbull type puppies be shipped out of the province, sent to reseach facilities or euthanized.

Jackie Speier of California, AKA "The Breed Exterminator", and notable author of SB 861, which is having a chilling effect on dog ownership in California

Paul Wesslehoft of Oklahoma - whose bill to ban certain breeds just went down in flames in the state legislature there.

Molly Markert of Aurora, Colorado's Town Council - that smiling Miss Prim (we hear she smirked to the audience when the breed ban passed) - and noted dog-hater, a leader in passing Aurora's 12 breed dog ban

The Most Dangerous Breeds?

I'll tell you the most dangerous breeds - write these down!

#1 All Time Dangerous Breed:

The #1 most dangerous breed are media outlets that deliberately breed fear, spreading myths and lies about dog breeds and canine behavior through irresponsible reporting and reinforcement of undeserved and negative breed stereotypes
(this was not written by me by the way)

But I love it, and thought I'd share.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
This is amazing! Thank you for sharing!

PixieStix

Cavy Slave
I love it, it's so true more needs to be done to target people like this, we'd see a lot less problems!

deborahtucker

Cavy Slave
This is great!! As a veterinary technician, I have encountered just about all of these. It's horrible. I recently bought a small farm where I have goats, chickens, and turkeys. Since moving onto my farm a month ago, I have lost four animals to the neighborhood dogs. I have seen no less than eight different dogs. I can't get our animal control to do anything about it. All of my animals are housed behind an four strand electric fence and the dogs go right through it. I will be refencing the whole property with stock wire as soon as my tax return comes in. I can't stand owners that allow their animals to terrorize other animals or people.

Caviekisses

Cavy Slave
The not using a leash part worries me. At least most of the time they are but, I was at the beach during the summer (small beach, only a very few people there because it was during the week) and a guy was sitting there fishing with his dog and me and my dad were walking in one direction and this dog runs past us and I thought it belonged to the guy who was fishing... A few seconds later I turned around and the dog ran right up to him and his dog and the other one had a confrontation. Turns out it belonged to this guy who was several yards ahead of us. And the sad part is... If it had been on a leash it never would have happened.

If I go to the park (or wherever it's the law) I don't care... I love dogs but, it belongs on a leash.

deborahtucker

Cavy Slave
Sunday, I trapped one of the dogs that killed all of my chickens. Just as I was trying to move the trap, with the dog in it, to where he wouldn't be exposed to the weather until animal control came, his owner showed up. I told her that I would release the dog to her, but that if he showed up on my property one more time, animal control would be called against her. (We have a leash law in our county that is for dogs and cats) I haven't seen the dogs since. She said she would chain them - which is a control method I hate, but she doesn't have a fence.

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
A while ago I saw on the news that a group of people were going around the city fencing peoples backyards who didn't have the means, or money to do so that had dogs chained up. Last I heard they had fenced well over 100 yards.
I think that Ignorant people are the worst.

DC Piggies

Cavy Slave
That's hilarious!:) (And so true.):sad:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.