Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

fleece with no puppy pads?

Dublamax

Cavy Slave
Caramel and Fluffy currently have a 2x4 with a 1x3 upper floor.

We were thinking of switching to fleece but were planning on not using puppy pads. My question is, would the smell be really bad?

aqh88

Cavy Slave
You need something under the fleece or the fleece will stay wet and the pigs will end up laying in their pee. You'll also end up changing the fleece constantly to dry it out and avoid not only a smelly cage but smelly pigs. If you don't want to do puppy pads any cotton material will work. Towels are often used and then just washed along with the fleece.

Dublamax

Cavy Slave
Would it smell bad with fleece, towels and newspapers? Oh yea btw they're both girls.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Dublamax, Do a search on fleece and read up on what we all do. We all have much in common and then there are some differences. I do not use puppy pads but many do. Actually if you just go back 1 or 2 pages you should come across the threads.

aqh88

Cavy Slave
Just the layer of towels would probably be fine but the newspaper makes a good backup in case they pee in one spot several times.

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
I use newspaper then towels then fleece on top and there is no smell I just wash the fleece every week.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.