Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece fleece cleaning

kduso

Cavy Gazer
i change the fleece every week on the dot and vacuum it twice a day. Lately though it seems like it is not enough. it seems as though either my cavys are not pooping right or they are running it over. their poop is breaking into pieces and getting stuck in the fleece and also it seems like every new fleece that i buy to put in to have extra-extra on hand, they seem to urinate on more. after about two days without changing out the fleece and the lining under it, it becomes stinky. im washing them detergent and vinegar and not using dryer sheets like has been described on may sites. They have also been drinking a lot more than usual but still have their regular amount of vegetables and pellets along with an never ending amount of hay. this just starting happening recently, like Friday recently. is it something that im doing wrong or are they sick?

heather81

Cavy Slave
What are you using for your absorbent layer? Some stink quicker than others.

kduso

Cavy Gazer
im using a towel and one of those mats that you can get at any store in the kitchen or bathroom department that is used to absorb liquids. but this just started happening

lissie

Cavy Slave
Your fabric might have detergent build up. Google "cloth diaper stripping". It will give you some ideas on how to wash them.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Also, wash the fleece in hot water with bleach, not vinegar, and that will help.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.