Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Feeders?

pinky

Cavy Slave
I emailed this guy and asked questions about why he wanted these animals. He wouldn't tell me so I'm inclined to think these animals won't be pets. I've flagged them as overpost since he put up multiple ads. I hope no one gives him their pets.

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

guinea pony

Cavy Slave
What about adds that state Feeder mice? They are selling as food not "rehoming"
(broken link removed) and they are in the pet section.

(broken link removed)

pinky

Cavy Slave
What bothers me about the ads I posted is that he never says they're feeders but he won't say what they are being used for. I sent him an email asking why he wants them and he emailed me back and asked why I wanted to know. I told him I have guinea pigs, just to see what he would say. He still wouldn't tell me and asked me if they're free. Your ad at least tells what they're being used for, which still disgusts me, but at least they're honest about it. I'm afraid people will give up their pets to the guy who posted my ad, thinking they are going to remain pets when they actually end up dead.

What about adds that state Feeder mice? They are selling as food not "rehoming"
(broken link removed) and they are in the pet section.

(broken link removed)

guinea pony

Cavy Slave
I see what you mean. I think people would have to be pretty stupid to give this guy their pets. But then again, people can be pretty stupid. Either he has animals that eat feeders, or he breds feeders, not good either way.

Atleast we can get hime for multiple listings.

pinky

Cavy Slave
He replied back to me, asking me where I live and what I keep my guinea pigs in. He went on to say he plans to breed them and mainly keep them as pets...... I don't think so....

pinky

Cavy Slave
Two ads were taken off but he just put up another one and one of the original ones is still up so these need two need be flagged for overposts, too.

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

pinky

Cavy Slave
I just noticed two of his ads are gone but the third one is up. The first ad is a reply to his ad so don't flag that one. Sounds like someone else was as concerned as I was and made a counter ad to his......

Two ads were taken off but he just put up another one and one of the original ones is still up so these need two need be flagged for overposts, too.

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Pinky you rock! Thank you for protecting the little guys! I say if you can't afford a rehoming fee and want it for free you either want to use them as feed or you can't afford to take care of the pet.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I watch the craigslist ads really closely. We have a few individuals that want small pets for free. There are also a few who sell feeders. It makes me wonder if it's the same people.

Pinky you rock! Thank you for protecting the little guys! I say if you can't afford a rehoming fee and want it for free you either want to use them as feed or you can't afford to take care of the pet.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
I had to ban myself from craigslist due to wanting to take in all those unwanted piggies.

pinky

Cavy Slave
My most recent addition is a Craiglist pig. She's needed a lot of vet care since I got her. With all three of her appts so far, I'm up to about $300 and I take her back today. She either has a resistant UTI or stones. There's been a huge improvement so I'm hoping she just needs one more round of antibiotics. Our rescue takes in a lot of Craigslist guinea pigs so that helps. We're in a highly populated area, too, so we always have some interest in adopting, although things seem to be slower now due to the economy..... When I was in college, one of my roommates was from St. Louis. She would make the drive back and forth from St. Louis to Grand Rapids MI frequently which always amazed me due to the long trek. Now that I live in the Chicago area, St. Louis is still a long drive.
I had to ban myself from craigslist due to wanting to take in all those unwanted piggies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.