Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Favorite breed and why?

piggys_mumzy

Cavy Slave
Most of us have a favorite breed of guinea pig or multiple breeds. What draws you to your favorites? My favorite is the Abyssinian. I've had an American smooth haired breed which I loved too. I love abyssinians fur though, their nice to pet and their rosettes are an interesting factor for showing pigs for fun. I love grooming pigs and playing with their hair, that's why I would like a long haired breed soon.

So lets hear your opinion!

GuineaPigMania2

Cavy Slave
I dunno. I have had an American short haired crested, a Dutch and a self red before but I don't know if I could pick a favourite breed. Although, I am a fan of long haired piggies! lol

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Mine is the Abyssinian to, they are just so fluffy. I have an Abyssinian (Cinna) and a American short hair (Gin-Gin). But I like that with a short hair you don't have to worry about tangles or anything. I've just been a fan of long hair pigs although I'd hate to have the work involved in maintaining all that hair. I even hate taking care of long hair on me lol :)

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
American Short Hairs and Abyssinians :) Love my piggies :3

Mastershroom

Cavy Slave
I'm partial to texels and teddies. My late teddy pig, Curly, was the fluffiest, softest pig I've ever seen.

Tarams

Cavy Slave
Skinny pigs! I just adopted my first one a couple months ago, and he is ridiculously adorable.

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
I have an American and a Silkie/Coronet. I love them both so much I honestly couldn't choose. I do love playing with Maybellines long hair but it is more work. Well just work in general haha short hairs don't require any maintenance. She needs a butt bath at least once a month, as well as trims. This summer I'm shaving her body hair so it's short and she'll have the lion mane upfront lol so she won't even be completely long haired. I like the look of both breeds the same though. They're both so cuddly and cute. My older brother just about dies when he sees pictures of teddies.

labgirl5

Cavy Slave
I personally love Abyssinians, though my opinion is biased, as I've only had 2 abbies! Anyhow, I love their crazy fur, and I believe it perfectly matches their personalities; quirky and unique. :)

PiggleLove2013

Cavy Slave
I've only owned two American Shorthairs so far, but I love Abyssinians, they're so adorable! <3 I'd love to get a Peruvian someday though, maybe when there's more space for a bigger cage. I love grooming animals so a Peruvian would be a good choice for me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.